Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to the forum

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the forum

Hey Guys, Been Readin Y'all's Posts For A Couple Years And Finally Took The Registration Leap. Can Someone Tell Me How To Resize Images? I'd Like To Post A Couple OF Things. Thanks, Jim

Welcome to the board! I use MS Office picture manager to resize the photos. At the top right is edit picts and I click on that. Either compress them or change size to web large or web small seems to have worked for me so far. Cropping them of unneeded stuff also seems to help. I still get one or two that I have to go back and alter a second time. I'll bet I can do it in Photoshop but I haven't figured out how yet. I'm also guessing that if I learned to play with the camera settings, I might be able to just skip the resize, but again I haven't a clue how.

Comment

I have windows xp home edition and fun4now told me to use the pic resizer. Works wonderful and it keeps your original, so it "case" you want to keep the original for it's large pixel size so you can make a good photo later, no problem and LOT less hassle than photoshop! On the bottom of this page, there is another box that says "additional options" click on the box that says "Attach Files" and click on "Manage Attachments"
      the new window that comes up there is a box that says: "upload file from your computer", click on "browse" and a menu comes up to look for your photo files. I keep mine in "my photos". clickk on that, choose your photo (keep it under 50kb). when the file name shows up in the "upload file from your computer", it also shows the link below that. close that box, and it should show up now on your "attach files" that you started with (below this window again). Click on "preview post" and your post shows up (not publically yet". Hit your link that should be in your "post" and see if it works the way you want. there are a few here that use photobucket and the pics come "alive" within your post, so no one has to click on any link.
      good luck and ask if you have anymore questions. The pic below I resized to "medium" when I did it. Like DSW said, small or medium is fine, but preview it first, to see if it how you like it,before you post it up....
      sorry for a long post....
      bert
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the info

i'll play around with the resizing techniques in the near future. i like to repair and refurbish backhoe and excavator buckets as a sideline (i'm an xray tech by profession.) i have a few pics that i would like comments on and a few just to show y'all my best buddy. he's two and already tells people that we work on backhoe buckets.
        later,
        jim

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
          I have windows xp home edition and fun4now told me to use the pic resizer. Works wonderful and it keeps your original, so it "case" you want to keep the original for it's large pixel size so you can make a good photo later, no problem and LOT less hassle than photoshop!
          good luck and ask if you have anymore questions.
          sorry for a long post....
          bert
          Bert: I have Windows XP also. Where is this 'pic resizer' thingie? It doesn't show up in Search.

Are you using:
          Start, All Programs, Microsoft Picture It ??

PS: Anyone heard from Fun4Now?? I saw an OLD post of his, showing the pain meds he's on; I hope he's OK. He has shared a lot of information with others.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig in Denver View Post
            Bert: I have Windows XP also. Where is this 'pic resizer' thingie? It doesn't show up in Search.

You have to download it into you're computer. Its real simple to do and is not very large. Here is the link to it, scroll down to image resizer and download.
            http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Comment

Jim, Good to see a local on the board, good info here, great people too. Stick around long enough and you may get accused of looking like a Sesame Street character. Sorry Bert. couldn't resist,, seriously though, Welcome and don't hesitate to ask a question no matter how stupid. God knows I've asked my share. Craig, I was wondering the other day were fun4now was, Hope he's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by burninbriar View Post
                You have to download it into you're computer. Its real simple to do and is not very large. Here is the link to it, scroll down to image resizer and download.
                http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
                Burninbriar: Thank you. After I downloaded this; a simple right click on any photo, and there, in the drop down menu is the 'resize' option. Now, I wonder if it was there before the download?

grnxrymnky: try a right click on any photo in your 'puter to see if 'resize' is an option in the drop-down menu. If it isn't, follow Burninbriar's link. I thought that I'd have to open the 'program', but it 'just showed up' in the right-click drop-down of any photo. Computers don't come easy for me, that's why I 'whine' over the details.

Comment

burninbriar, thanks for the link. I thought I was going to have to search for it. My mind has been wondering about James also. I HAD his home phone number, but he pm'd me saying his wife changed it due to too many crank phone calls. Jetmek, no hard feelings, I grew up with everyone asking "Hey Bert, where's Ernie?!!! They still do it.........
                  Yeah, the picture resizer is the bomb!!! Superfast to upload onto your computer, and SUPER simple to use. What REALLY sold me on it, was it saved the original automatically for you. Otherwise, you'd have to go into a picture program, make a copy, THEN resize the copy!!! If you forget, your original was lost..............
                  Burninbriar, thanks again....

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.