Chris,
    the bench...sit,stay,heal...powdercoat?
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
      Chris,
      the bench...sit,stay,heal...powdercoat?
      Nope. I sprayed it. Cut out some stencils.

I'll post some pics of that if I can dig them up. That was one project I documented fairly well.

Funny you should ask... I remember when we delivered it to the site, a few of my local contemporaries (read: competitors) just happened to be there. They casually checked it out and asked me where I got it powder coated.
      I have to say the paint job came out pretty slick... but once again, nothing lasts forever. If I were to do it again, I'd try something different... maybe stainless, but then it would cost a bajillion dollars just in material.
      Maxstar 200DX
      Maxstar 300DX
      Dynasty 200DX
      Passport
      Spectrum 701
      LMSW-52 spot welder

Comment

that would be cool to see Tried to get a closeup of it, the gray looked like powdercoat...You should have told the guy, yeah, it is

I just priced out a 4' x 10' sheet of 14 gauge 316 SS. It only cost $1,500
        YIKES!!!!!
        I'm not late...

Comment

Chris,

Too bad you guys are in San Diego or I'd be clamoring at your door for a job. After getting out the the dec. concrete business, I have been trying to start something doing interesting metal projects (i.e. not fences, or anything normal) as I'm an artist through and through.

AMAZING stuff BTW. When I do finally get something rolling in LA, I'll be glad to NOT be competing against you.
          Miller Maxstar 200 DX
          RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
          Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
          Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
          Hitachi 4.5" grinder
          http://mhayesdesign.com

Comment

thanks dude

Originally posted by tasslehawf View Post
            Chris,

Too bad you guys are in San Diego or I'd be clamoring at your door for a job. After getting out the the dec. concrete business, I have been trying to start something doing interesting metal projects (i.e. not fences, or anything normal) as I'm an artist through and through.

AMAZING stuff BTW. When I do finally get something rolling in LA, I'll be glad to NOT be competing against you.
            Oh, I'm everywhere.

Nah, it's a big world and like I said, we're all making different kinds of shoes so there's room for everyone.

Thanks for the compliment.

I checked out your Concreature stuff a while back and figured you did most of the metal stuff, too. Looky good! Now get yeself a MIG welder to compliment that Maxstar!

Actually, I DO need some help. I've been chillin' for about 3.5 months with broken ribs/jacked-upped-back from a car accident. But I somehow managed to keep banking up jobs for the future (I consider myself lucky). Send me a PM if you find yourself in SD.
            Maxstar 200DX
            Maxstar 300DX
            Dynasty 200DX
            Passport
            Spectrum 701
            LMSW-52 spot welder

Comment

Originally posted by chris***@sbcglo View Post
              Oh, I'm everywhere.
              Actually, I DO need some help. I've been chillin' for about 3.5 months with broken ribs/jacked-upped-back from a car accident. But I somehow managed to keep banking up jobs for the future (I consider myself lucky). Send me a PM if you find yourself in SD.
              WOW!!! STAY OFF THE SAUCE!!! DRINKING AND DRIVING DON'T MIX!!!
              I'm not late...

Comment

Working...
              X