Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al. rectangular tubing caps

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al. rectangular tubing caps

I have a client looking to do a patio cover with 2" x 6" al. rectangular tubing and I'm looking to see if aluminum push-in caps for the end exist? I've been googling away but haven't found anything yet-any ideas of who I can contact? Thx, cat

cat
    I looked in kingmetals,but has only up to 3'' x 1".

Comment

try here http://www.carlisleplastics.com/products/rfq/rqflat.htm

Comment

You could twang out your own from 1/8" alum plate then make a little die to push the center up a little making it a little fancy then weld it on or put some tabs on the inside and screw it on the post...Bob

Comment

Have you tried Eastern Metals?

I get almost all of my aluminum products from them. Dave

www.easternmetal.com

Comment

Thx for all the hints-I did look at King since I use them all the time; I'm trying to find aluminum for the ends that show but I will need plastic for the ends that butt to the house; I don't want to have to weld the end caps cuz there will be lots of them; and I did send an email to Easternmetals asking for more info from them. Thx again and if anyone thinks of anything else, please let me know. cat
            p.s. I think I forgot to mention that these are all the slats that span the ledgers/beams. c

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.