Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport Plus and the 100 Spoolgun

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
    Sweeeeeet!!! I'll get right on drilling out some tips.

Btw did you buy one of these???

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
      Oh ..and don't forget machining the drive rollers
      Dammit!!! I'll get right on that too.

Originally posted by FusionKing
      Btw did you buy one of these???
      Uhmmmm, yes. But I'm having a hard time figgering out how to make it work. Mebbe I'll make a thread asking how I should set things up for welding aluminum and steel.
      Last edited by KB Fabrications; 04-14-2008, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
        Dammit!!! I'll get right on that too.

Uhmmmm, yes. But I'm having a hard time figgering out how to make it work. Mebbe I'll make a thread asking how I should set things up for welding aluminum and steel.

Actually YOU should start a thread telling us how to set up for aluminum and steel and stainless!!!cool:
        But that's prolly asking a little much

Comment

.035 aluminum wire...

Installed the .035 wire today and I could weld the 1/4 plate with ease with no preheat. Miller recommended the setting for 1/4" material at 9 for voltage and 100 for wire speed. I found that 8 for voltage and 100 for wire speed was perfect for me.

If I had bought one of these machines and needed to pre-heat to weld 1/4" I would be VERY dissapointed with my purchase unless he is in the middle of some huge part. If he's talking about say something made out of 1/4" x 2" bar stock it should do that ok I would think

If I had bought one of these machines and penetration did not increase GREATLY with pre-heat on 1/4" I would either be getting it checked out or learn what in the heck I did NOT understand!! If either didn't work I would certainly send it down the road! Not having enuff power to do the job is the most frustrating thing about so many newer machines out there. I'd be calling MILLER before the sun set
          The HH210 is rated for the same thicknesses as the PP+ but everybody on the Hobart Board praises its capability.
          What voltage are you running on anyhow????

Are you saying that your Passport + will NOT weld 1/4" aluminum set at max even with pre-heat and taking your sweet time welding it???
          I don't see much need for a machine you would have to LOOK for jobs it might handle once in a while.
          i

Comment

Actually YOU should start a thread telling us how to set up for aluminum and steel and stainless!!!cool:
            But that's prolly asking a little much
            No, it wouldn't be asking too much. In fact, I thought after I read the manual, and re-read it several times, I would do an in depth review on the unit. It may take a bit as the manual is quite lengthy and very technical in nature so I will ask for your patience.

Comment

Sooo....are we saying that if you had a spoolgun that would run .047 the problem would be solved?

Hmm,.... good question. That might work, but I just dont know where I'd find .047 wire. I probably have a hundred lbs or so of .045, but the .047 might be a bit elusive for me.

Well slap my @$$ and call me Sally,..... I musta had that all that all mussed up,.... This stuff I have IS .047!,..... And here i thought it was .045 like steel wire. I guess after burning thousands of lbs of it over the years,.. I never noticed! My Bad! thanks for the correction KB!

My point IS, that the WFS cannot take advantage of the full output of the machine. Dont think .047 will work very well in it. NOW,... if you can direct me on hooking up one of my 30A's to it.... then we'll be cookin with Crisco!
              Last edited by BBchevy396; 04-15-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

3/64 = .046875 which is............................................. .047. Here is where you can get ye summ.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JW-Harris-1lb-3-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.