Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member checking in

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member checking in

Hi,

I just found the message boards. I'm a second year HS welding/manufacturing teacher and am looking forward to spending some time here!

Well, welcome to the forum.

Comment

I just joined. I hope I can learn some things here!

Comment

Welcome, I know sice I have joined I have learned alot, and i hope you will too.. You should also check out the Ask Andy forum at www.millermotorsports.com It is also a very successful forum

Comment

Originally posted by Klugger7214
          Welcome, I know sice I have joined I have learned alot, and i hope you will too.. You should also check out the Ask Andy forum at www.millermotorsports.com It is also a very successful forum
          I`ll second that!

Comment

Originally posted by WeldTeach
            Hi,

I just found the message boards. I'm a second year HS welding/manufacturing teacher and am looking forward to spending some time here!
            Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome, it's good to see that all the HS's in the states haven't dropped the indrustrial arts in favor of touchy-feely classes. Just my opinion, of course

Comment

Welcome to the fun,
                Laurence

Comment

Welcome aboard! We all look forward to you posting all of those great projects your students are working on!! Us old farts could use some fresh ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown
                    Welcome, it's good to see that all the HS's in the states haven't dropped the indrustrial arts in favor of touchy-feely classes. Just my opinion, of course
                    I hated growing up in the city. I only got to HEAR about high schools that taught welding or any idustrial arts, as they called them. Oh, and archery in PE was completely out of the question!

Comment

New too

Hi, I also am new here. Have been lingering around for a few months now and am very impressed with everyone here. I have learned alot and have a lot more to learn. My latest purchase was a Dynasty 300DX tiggrunner. Can't wait to get started. I just built myself a 40 x 60 shop this last summer. Will finish it off with white steel on the walls and ceiling this summer. 100amp service with water, cable and phone. 12 1/2 ft side walls. Will be installing a car hoist along with a pedistal hoist this summer. My next step is wiring and insulation. I will post pics one of these days. It's hard to find time to work with a 15yr,2 1/2yr, and a 4mth old kids. I hope I can offer some good advice and get some too. Take care all.

Comment

Good luck

Good luck with your chillin i have 5 boys myself what a blast

Comment

Originally posted by WeldTeach
                          Hi,

Welcome, its a good place to spend some time.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702
                            I hated growing up in the city. I only got to HEAR about high schools that taught welding or any idustrial arts, as they called them. Oh, and archery in PE was completely out of the question!
                            Archery and welding...hey now you are talking about two of my favorite things!

I've spent about 8 years in the custom ag-machinery fabrication business after completing a 2yr weld associates degree and now am enjoying teaching. I'm in the middle of pretty much revamping a HS weld and manufacturing shop. Industrial classes arent going away here, in fact...our wing industrial wing at the HS was just completed as it was updated and remodeled.

Look forward to spending some time here...oh and by all means if anyone has any cool projects that I can use in my classes...I'd love to hear about them...I'm always on the lookout.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.