A gift to me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dabar39 View Post
    , do whatever you like with it, its yours". I have no idea where or who it came from, now I gotta figure out what I want to do with it.
    Too funny.

This all reminds me of what happens when you feed a stray cat--
    more will come.......

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Comment

hey, Fix it up have fun reworking it and enjoy the experience
      I like to take old things improve on them and make them better than new
      you can too

enjoy and take some pics along the way to share with us

.............. Richard

Comment

Hey, it was free
        Miller Maxstar 150 STL
        Miller Millermatic Passport Plus
        Thermal Dynamics Dragun Plasma Cutter

Protect your seccond ammendment rights! Join the NRA!

Comment

dabar39, u may want to check into the registration, before u put to much time and effort into it. It may be a problem getting a clean title and r3egistration for it, if you plan on selling it or putting it on the road. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Taw Paw View Post
            dabar39, u may want to check into the registration, before u put to much time and effort into it. It may be a problem getting a clean title and r3egistration for it, if you plan on selling it or putting it on the road. Just a thought.
            I am a trailer manufacturer and all I have to do is assign a vin number to it and a certificate of origin and I'm good to go.
            If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
            Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by dabar39 View Post
              I am a trailer manufacturer and all I have to do is assign a vin number to it and a certificate of origin and I'm good to go.
              Roger that

Comment

I finally got some time to do something with this motorcycle trailer. Just thought I would share it with you all.

After tearing the fenders off and cleaning up the area they were located, I cleaned up the rust on the frame a little and started to make me some new fenders. I built the fenders with the same basic shape that they were using some left over 1/2" square tubing for the frame and some left over 14 ga. sheet metal for the skins.

I found that you could put all 4 pieces of 1/2" tube in the ring roller and use it as a pipe bender with some pretty good results. All 4 pieces came out the same and was very easy to work with. I placed the fender frames where they needed to go and welded them in place. Measured the sheet metal skins and cut them to proper size, clamped them up and welded them up. After using a flap wheel on the weld beads the fenders came out looking as if it were seamless. After finishing up with the fenders I gave it a couple of coats of silver Rust-o-leum and re assembled the trailer.

The only out of pocket expense is the tail light kit which is about 15 bucks.

I put it on Craig's list for $400.00 or best offer, let's see what it brings in.
                Attached Files

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

here's some more of the pictures
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's the completed pics as it sits now.Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

Could you fit on any more clamps? Looks great! You should sell that no problem.

Comment

Sold for 400 bucks, here's the guys bike loaded and ready to be tied down.

I will be making something to place under the kick stand and I'm gonna make him some sort of a ramp, paid cash in full and will be picked tomorrow.

I love Craig's list. Dave
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good

Looks good buddy - who says you can't polish a turd?

Comment

Looks like Dave done ahellava lot more then just polishing it. LOOKS GOOD.
                            Tim Beeker,
                            T-N-J Industries
                            (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
                            Esab 450i with wire feeder
                            HH135 mig
                            Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
                            Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
                            Marathon 315mm coldsaw
                            vertical and horizontal band saws
                            table saw
                            Dewalt cut off saw
                            Sand blast cabinet
                            lots of hand grinders
                            Harris torch
                            beer fridge

Comment

Originally posted by DSW View Post
                              Could you fit on any more clamps? Looks great! You should sell that no problem.
                              You can never ever have enough clamps!

Comment

Looks great Dave, great work. The guy may want to close off the back of the fenders though so the tires are not kicking up stones onto his bike, or slop when its raining.
                                Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
                                Hobart Handler 187
                                Dewalt Chop Saw
                                4" Air Grinder
                                Die Grinder
                                Rigid Drill Press
                                Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

Working...
                                X