X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johngo1
    started a topic Newbie Projects DOG BED and Mirror

Newbie Projects DOG BED and Mirror

My first 2 projects, I got a MM140 recently and I am trying to learn to weld.

Let me know what you think.

• Taw Paw
    replied
    John, it looks good and the constructive critism are a lot to think about, BUT be careful. All the family, friends, outlaws, ex laws and the like will want you to do all kinds of projects for them. It will be fun at first them it starts becomming a job. A very low paying job. Good work, and good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicegrip View Post
    I didn't exhale...............for as long as I could hold it and then it was often along with an oddly happy kind of coughing fit while loading up the next hit in the b**g, but that was a very long time ago.
    Yeah Vicegrip...when was that, last week???
    By the way, Happy Belated 18th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• toecutter
    replied
    Many is the times when I member sacrifising a malboro or luckystrike for their skins cos their was none to be had, but that too was along time ago

Nice work for sure, Pooch looks mighty happy on it

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied
    Originally posted by Bert View Post
    ..I didn't inhale!!!
    I didn't exhale...............for as long as I could hold it and then it was often along with an oddly happy kind of coughing fit while loading up the next hit in the b**g, but that was a very long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Originally posted by tacmig View Post
    Actually, I don't drink...Never have..high school and college was a tad partial to dried flower buds every once in a while. Even that's been 20 years. Maybe that's my problem? It's been to long?

TacMig
    I was going to joke and say "Dried flower buds?" should try the stuff WE have over here!!! Then I realized that's what you were talking about!!!
    Been over 30 years for me...but that's ok..I didn't inhale!!!

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    Actually.....

Originally posted by Bert View Post
    Ugh...no...YOU love BEER!!!!
    as monte python said....
    beer, beer, beer, beer....
    Actually, I don't drink...Never have..high school and college was a tad partial to dried flower buds every once in a while. Even that's been 20 years. Maybe that's my problem? It's been to long?

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Originally posted by tacmig View Post
    Actually, this is very nice and without a doubt ranks right up there. However I noticed a more serious flaw that could perhaps be of more danger than the little fury fella hanging himself. NO BEER HOLDERS! So perhaps the beer holders could be incorporated into your "close the gap" suggestion to avoid the dogs noodle from breeching the side and all the while be enjoying a cool frosty one.

Just a suggestion, love both the dog and bed!

TacMig
    Ugh...no...YOU love BEER!!!!
    as monte python said....
    beer, beer, beer, beer....
    Last edited by Bert; 04-01-2008, 02:48 AM. Reason: grammer

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    An idea

Originally posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    Sorry to be negative: BUT, remembering how my beloved pet slept 'upside down' there is TOO much chance of your dog sticking his head through the 'sideboards' and hanging itself. There is a reason for the 'crib rail width restrictions' on babies cribs. I loved my pet and would not take the chance. Fill the gaps so its head won't fit in the gaps.
    Actually, this is very nice and without a doubt ranks right up there. However I noticed a more serious flaw that could perhaps be of more danger than the little fury fella hanging himself. NO BEER HOLDERS! So perhaps the beer holders could be incorporated into your "close the gap" suggestion to avoid the dogs noodle from breeching the side and all the while be enjoying a cool frosty one.

Just a suggestion, love both the dog and bed!

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• tasslehawf
    replied
    Actually, adding a metal panel to the inside on the sides and outside on the back wouldn't look bad and would be a lot safer for your dog.

Leave a comment:

• Craig in Denver
    replied
    Sorry to be negative: BUT, remembering how my beloved pet slept 'upside down' there is TOO much chance of your dog sticking his head through the 'sideboards' and hanging itself. There is a reason for the 'crib rail width restrictions' on babies cribs. I loved my pet and would not take the chance. Fill the gaps so its head won't fit in the gaps.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by burninbriar View Post
    ...There is a word I'm thinking of but it escapes me right now, but it shows someone actually made it.
    "je ne sais quoi"

Literally...

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Originally posted by burninbriar View Post
    Took the words right from my fingers. I was thinking the exact same things when I was looking at the pics.
    Personally, I like the look of the scrolls bent by hand as opposed to a perfect looking scroll from a former. There is a word I'm thinking of but it escapes me right now, but it shows someone actually made it.
    I call it character

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Wow Mac!! I expected that humor from Monte!!!
    If it was MY dog, she'd be barking at herself all day long!! I pull up at Central Pacific Bank, and she's barking at the poster of THEIR dog!!!

Johngo1: You make those lamps yourself? All metal?
    NICE JOB!!!
    Last edited by Bert; 03-30-2008, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Very nice work, but...

Isn't the mirror a bit high for that dog?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X