Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Projects DOG BED and Mirror

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Projects DOG BED and Mirror

My first 2 projects, I got a MM140 recently and I am trying to learn to weld.

Let me know what you think.

Nice looking work, and a cool looking pooch, too! Did you also do the lamps that bracket the mirror?

Did you do the scroll work or buy the steel already formed?

Hank

Comment

Originally posted by hankj View Post
      Nice looking work, and a cool looking pooch, too! Did you also do the lamps that bracket the mirror?

Hank
      Thanks
      I formed them by hand, I did not have a bender.

Comment

Those look good. Keep it up!

Comment

The work looks good.......but might I offer a suggestion.....the open end of the scrolls create a possible snag hazzard. Keep the end tight or large enough the collar can't get hung up. It can happen. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by hankj View Post

Hank
            Took the words right from my fingers. I was thinking the exact same things when I was looking at the pics.
            Personally, I like the look of the scrolls bent by hand as opposed to a perfect looking scroll from a former. There is a word I'm thinking of but it escapes me right now, but it shows someone actually made it.

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
              the open end of the scrolls create a possible snag hazzard. Keep the end tight or large enough the collar can't get hung up. It can happen.

Did not think of that, getting a pair of pliers and fixing it now! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by burninbriar View Post
                Took the words right from my fingers. I was thinking the exact same things when I was looking at the pics.
                Personally, I like the look of the scrolls bent by hand as opposed to a perfect looking scroll from a former. There is a word I'm thinking of but it escapes me right now, but it shows someone actually made it.
                NICE WORK!!!!!!!!!! Got up closeup pic os it????
                Burninbriar, remember yet?

Comment

Very nice work, but...

Isn't the mirror a bit high for that dog?

Comment

Wow Mac!! I expected that humor from Monte!!!
                    If it was MY dog, she'd be barking at herself all day long!! I pull up at Central Pacific Bank, and she's barking at the poster of THEIR dog!!!

Johngo1: You make those lamps yourself? All metal?
                    NICE JOB!!!
                    Last edited by Bert; 03-30-2008, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I call it character

Comment

...There is a word I'm thinking of but it escapes me right now, but it shows someone actually made it.
                        "je ne sais quoi"

Literally...

Comment

Sorry to be negative: BUT, remembering how my beloved pet slept 'upside down' there is TOO much chance of your dog sticking his head through the 'sideboards' and hanging itself. There is a reason for the 'crib rail width restrictions' on babies cribs. I loved my pet and would not take the chance. Fill the gaps so its head won't fit in the gaps.

Comment

Actually, adding a metal panel to the inside on the sides and outside on the back wouldn't look bad and would be a lot safer for your dog.

Comment

An idea

Originally posted by Craig in Denver View Post
                              Sorry to be negative: BUT, remembering how my beloved pet slept 'upside down' there is TOO much chance of your dog sticking his head through the 'sideboards' and hanging itself. There is a reason for the 'crib rail width restrictions' on babies cribs. I loved my pet and would not take the chance. Fill the gaps so its head won't fit in the gaps.
                              Actually, this is very nice and without a doubt ranks right up there. However I noticed a more serious flaw that could perhaps be of more danger than the little fury fella hanging himself. NO BEER HOLDERS! So perhaps the beer holders could be incorporated into your "close the gap" suggestion to avoid the dogs noodle from breeching the side and all the while be enjoying a cool frosty one.

Just a suggestion, love both the dog and bed!

TacMig

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.