Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My side gig....thanks for the help!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84Z,
    Was that addressed to me?
    I am the person HR hates, do my job **** well, tell "off color"jokes, whatever.....
    Call me names, and mean it, to my face and I WILL beat your ***.

84Z, You are one of the people whose input I actually trusted.

EAD.

Comment

Ive lost track of all the winners here...... I don't think I was referring to you...but if we worked together I would call you names...just in fun...unless you earned it....and if I meant it and you wanted to fight it out fine...once we clocked out we could have at it...then I'd pick you up at the ER and buy you a beer

Comment

84Z,
        That is cool, just how I have always done it. Glad we think the same way.
        BTW, whoever gets out of ER, I always buy the first and hopefully last beer for the night (still standin).

I am sick of this, what the **** happened to the welding stuff anyway.

Comment

Too many pink pantie wear pole suckers getting on here talking the talk....then walking on the other side of the road....

Comment

Well glad to see nothing has changed here over the last couple of months .that is one slick rig turbo nice job. guess ill go back over to the real board now.

Comment

Thanks Garth. Dave
              Originally posted by garth View Post
              Well glad to see nothing has changed here over the last couple of months .that is one slick rig turbo nice job. guess ill go back over to the real board now.

Comment

Agree to Disagree

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                I can't believe this thread has gone this far with so many useless statements,
                attacts on one another, negativity, perhaps jealousy, disrespect, and just plain stupidity.

This is what I've gotten from this thread:
                Someone wanted to show a project they had a connection with, some like it, some don't, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....and now here we are. Oh yeah, I have lost more respect for certain members. Some here are
                just sh!t disturbers. They look for something to attact, create an arguement, nurture that arguement, and when they run out of brains, they turn to vulgarity.

A few weeks ago I had mentioned to my wife how well the forum was going.
                Hardly any bickering. Then it dawned on me how many threads and posts were actually about welding related topics which I had a few questions and was looking for answers. Others had threads on projects etc. The forum was busy with welding stuff, not bs. I almost left a post saying how nice it was.
                Good thing I didn't. It seems to me when we are not keeping the welding interests up, the non welding related threads get started and the ones who hide under rocks come out to feed. I'm not pointing fingers.......they know who they are, and if they don't, they're dumber than I thought.
                Monte, this was a nice encapsulation of everything I was thinking as I've been watching this thread since late last week. I let it go because last I saw it, people weren't out and out attacking each other, I was just seeing people debating for the most part. This project brought up some touchy political/ethical issues among members, and I can't fault anyone for debating based on that. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and as long as they present their side in a logical, constructive way, I think that's ok. It was partially a debate on "the ethics of welding", which I thought was an interesting thing to discuss. Now that we're 10 pages in, I think those that don't agree with the project in principle have said their peace, and those that disagree with them have said their peace, and now we should drop it and move on. Agree to disagree. What we are debating here goes down to people's basic value system and I don't think there is much a person could say or do to convince them otherwise.

However, I'm tired of the people who come on here just to stir the pot, (or as Monte says "come out from under their rocks" to fuel the fire), and I agree, I'm sure they know who they are and I'm sure most who have been around awhile know who they are too. This isn't about group hugs, this isn't about "running to HR", this is about CIVILITY. This isn't a place to hold a virtual bar room brawl, and if you don't like it, well, I think you should find another forum to slug it out on. If you don't like not swearing, if you don't like the fact that you get chastised when you say something attacking, like "all he does is make kitty beds and bandsaws..." Then you should go to a place where the Terms of Use say that's just fine, or you could start your own forum (cough) Slagpit (cough) and pick on each other over there. It's not that you guys DON'T talk welding, you do, and give some good info. That we'll miss, but if you continue to come in here like a bunch of bandits to pillage the village, well, we'll have to run ya out of town.

Comment

Admin.........wow have you got people scared. no more posts about anything!!!!

Comment

yeah. Monte, just had to rack up the post count on the thread, didn't you
                    I will let you do the honors...May you be the 100th one

Comment

• Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                      Admin.........wow have you got people scared. no more posts about anything!!!!
                      Who knows Monte?
                      brown nose Monte

Comment

• Dave posted a decent and unique project that was well made, and you just couldn't keep your fingers off the keyboard and leave him alone, could you?
                        Last edited by Admin; 03-31-2008, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• I see you're mortified KB...

I'm not trying to intimidate or throw my authori-tie (South Park reference) around, just want to keep the place peaceful and clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
                            Who knows Monte?
                            brown nose Monte
                            Don't understand your post...........care to explain??

Comment

• That is not an explanation........if you're willing to make a statement and it had importance to you at the time, then I think you would want it to be understood. If not, do I and others take your posts as rambling with no merit?

Comment

• PM time

Guys, please take this to private-message land.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.