Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My side gig....thanks for the help!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It replaces the SWAT team tools. I took the constructive criticism with a grain of salt and that's ok. I just hate pessimism. I'll mention the liability stuff to them. I guess there will always be haters. One of the founders is a fulltime cop and SWAT team member while another is a fulltime sheriff's deputy and SWAT member and the third is an investor/lawyer. Like I said before, I am making some money off the first 100. It's been a fun jb but from here on out profits are theirs. I enjoyed making them and will be making some more prototypes for them soon. Dave
    Originally posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Business is good. My shop isn't even done yet and I'm swamped with work.

Last time I talked with a swat team member, they didn't drive cruisers.

I also don't see how you can replace the camera, computer, shotgun, snare for animals, cones, flares, fire extinguisher and some first aid stuff or anything you mentioned with your boot. That's simply a fallacious response to what I said. Now if you wanted to mention all the stuff in the 60lb bag that this is going to replace, I would welcome that as a viable retort.

Please don't insult us by saying this replaces a lock pic set. It replaces a hammer and a step stool at 500x the cost. There's no regard for the property either. A responsible cop who isn't in hot pursuit (is anyone on foot in hot pursuit going to lug a 24# boot out of the trunk first?) would be better off choosing a more specialized tool for the array of uses your customers video depicts.

A shotgun will breech a door with more speed than your boot. And as you mentioned, they already have one in the car and it's not an ongoing expense either.

I think you're more into this thing than you'd like to admit. Did they pay you up front?

Comment

I've been on a tactical unit for 19yrs and I really like your Jersey Boot!!! We use a homemade battering ram and call it the "Key" because it will open just about any door in town. We use 3 of them and use them daily mostly on search warrant services (used one just last night on a weed house). Door breaching is a science/there's a lot more to it than just breaking down a door. The Jersey Boot incorporates a lot more than just busting in a door, ripping hinges, knobs, padlocks, windows, doors that open in and doors that open out, your tool seems to cover most aspects of door breaching. Congradulations on this device. Please get a patent on this device and develop a good marketing technique. There are numerous tactical magazines out there and nearly every state has a tactical event at least once a year, most involve swat competitions. I developed a "flashbang pole" about 10yrs ago, now a similar device is available for sale.
      From someone who has been in the Swat business for a long long time-good job, I speak for a lot of hard working guys when I say thanks for making our job safer!!

Comment

That oughtta just about do it for the naysayers.

Comment

Ummmmm.

Originally posted by DDA52 View Post
          That oughtta just about do it for the naysayers.
          Assuming said "naysayers" believe everything they read and hear. Do you believe everything the NY Times writes?. I'm finding some of the recent posts more like advertising.

Only my 2 cents....

TacMig

Comment

I don't read lib garbage and I don't advertise...so if you have something to say...spit it out.

Comment

errr.

I don't spit because I always get a hanger (every since I was a kid, peas me off!).

TacMig

Comment

Originally posted by tacmig View Post
                I don't spit TacMig
                A swallower...nice....you might not be half as bad as I originally though you were

Comment

I don't feel . . .

I don't feel like I'm a "naysayer" by pointing out that a lot of the time we all have wonderful ideas, great inventions & products that serve a purpose.

But after working as an insurance adjuster and investigator for a while, which I have done, you tend to get cynical . . . people will sue you for anything.

By the way, thanks for the picture . . . . The claw on the front end looks very well made . . . .

Wish you good luck on future production . . . .

May I suggest also an internal sliding weight that could be locked inside your square tube. This would allow you to cut some of the weight elsewhere when not needed. Think of a reverse dent puller . . . .also insulate the handles in case you hit a "hot" wire . . . .

Are you "casting" the claw? or fabricating it?

Comment

Oh man,

I was always told that I was blessed with a great sense of humor and patient with the challenged.

TacMig

Comment

Originally posted by turbo38t View Post
                      It replaces the SWAT team tools. Dave
                      You devoted a whole sentence to items irrelevant to your customers product, and this is all you have to come back with when you dodge the question again?

List the items in the 65# bag this replaces. You had no trouble naming everything hanging off the dash in a cruiser and what's typically found in the trunk. What all does this tool replace?

C'mon, you have so much faith in the device, sell me on it...

Comment

Fishy, a 19 year vet just said it looked great and would work.....what more do you want? Are ya just getting off busting the mans chops?...and for what? What do you gain from busting his chops. He did a job, it turned out and he made a few bucks. It isn't marketed to you, so why do you care?

Comment

Fishy, a 19 year vet just said it looked great and would work.....what more do you want? Are ya just getting off busting the mans chops?...and for what? What do you gain from busting his chops. He did a job, it turned out and he made a few bucks. It isn't marketed to you, so why do you care?
                          Well Don, it's all pretty simple really. You see, FJ's talent is limited to kitty beds and an unfinished bandsaw made out of volkswagon wheels sitting in his parents basement. You combine that with the fact that the OP produced a product to completion, made some money, and made his customer happy and it really does make sense why he would lash out like this. I wonder if Admin is aware of how he is treating people on this forum?
                          Last edited by KB Fabrications; 03-29-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I see what you are saying KB....Sally (AKA Fishy Jim) is p.o.'d because turbo's project is not only completed but his is getting paid to do it......FJ why don't you get back on your project finish it then come back post it up so we can pick it apart ?....

Comment

Ummmm.

Refer to quote #64. Not all of us buy everything were told.??

TacMig

Comment

Who told you to buy anything?? Do what you want...I want no part of it. You are a waste of my time.

..................applying ignore button now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.