which wire feeder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beamwalker View Post
    you are 1st one to use this on this forum that ive found. nobody in my area knows how to use it. or ever heard of it
    Actually, it was .068" NR-232 (don't know where I got the 5/64" from...sorry). I used it a couple years ago but I have yet to run it on my rig (like I said, I don't even have the right gun or drive rolls for my feeder to run it). I'm all set up for mobile work but I've stayed busy in the shop for about 6 mos. Probably 70% of what I do in the shop has been short-arc Mig (using my suitcase 8rc). I don't really do structural work, just repairs and custom fab (small shop ). So far with the heavier fab work, I've gotten by fine with 6011 and 7018 rod.

I'm curious, what are you guys running and for what application (pipe, structural steel, etc, etc)?I've seen a few people using coreshield 8 around here for structural work(don't remember the size though)...
    Last edited by dabeldesign; 05-27-2007, 06:01 PM.

Comment

im using .072 for all all apps. for small stuff i run one downhill then one back up hill. this is a high speed wire. if you using tb 302 you need about 24.3 volts on wire setting. your wire speed should be close to 175 ipm. keep wire in puddle and wait for flux to catch up to you. you can see it. it looks like little gold specks in it. should come off pretty easy. if you see chicken tracks then increase wire speed a little. should lay a caulk joint almost. on verts same thing let flux push you up. will peel by itself dont stay in one spot to long as it will shoot right thru 1/2 inch steel. your amps will read about 230-250.

Comment

Originally posted by beamwalker View Post
        im using .072 for all all apps. for small stuff i run one downhill then one back up hill. this is a high speed wire. if you using tb 302 you need about 24.3 volts on wire setting. your wire speed should be close to 175 ipm. keep wire in puddle and wait for flux to catch up to you. you can see it. it looks like little gold specks in it. should come off pretty easy. if you see chicken tracks then increase wire speed a little. should lay a caulk joint almost. on verts same thing let flux push you up. will peel by itself dont stay in one spot to long as it will shoot right thru 1/2 inch steel. your amps will read about 230-250.
        Nice info, thanks Beamwalker!

Comment

Working...
        X