Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIG Weling Machines

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG Weling Machines

I have had some experience with MIG and OXY but would like to try TIG welding. I am a hobby welder and would like to find a used machine. So far no luck. Are they that hard to find ? Any suggestions? Thanks.

E-bay always has some good used machines. Check it out.

Comment

I would look into a maxstar 150STH complete kit is about 1400+-. I own a Dynasty 200DX and if aluminum is in the picture then it is my first choice but it is overtwice as much. Sources I recommend are www.brwelder.com and www.cyberweld.com

Happy hunting,

Comment

Good GTAW machines really hold their value. Those that get deals on used are few and far between and it's usually a family member or friend that gives them the great deal. Usually the better used machines are within a few dollars of new, sometimes on Ebay I've seen used machines go for more than the discount prices from the sources that pjseaman listed.

Decide on your budget and then get the best you can afford. The Maxstars are really great machines if you don't need to do aluminum.

Good Luck on your decision!

Comment

Having owned two Maxstar tig welders I concur with the other comments. If you are doing MS of SS they really are hard to beat. If you need/want to do aluminum then you will need to spend more money, and there are several AC/DC tig welders to chose from.

Comment

if you have no need for aluminum i would go with a maxstar 150stl or if you want to upgrade go with the maxstar150sth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sigmon
              Good GTAW machines really hold their value. Those that get deals on used are few and far between and it's usually a family member or friend that gives them the great deal. Usually the better used machines are within a few dollars of new, sometimes on Ebay I've seen used machines go for more than the discount prices from the sources that pjseaman listed.

Decide on your budget and then get the best you can afford. The Maxstars are really great machines if you don't need to do aluminum.

Good Luck on your decision!
              When I bought my tig I started out looking at used ones and could not find anything to convince me not to buy new. Like you say, they hold there price really well and for the little bit of a discount its not worth loosing any warenty time.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.