Spam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

The best way to deal with Spam is to IGNORE it.

Every time someone makes a thread about MCdooshbag or responds, it just gives the Spammer more traffic.

Just report the Post so the Admin can remove it

There is a Triangle with an Exclamation mark in the top right corner of every post- click on it to report the post to Admins.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

yep, that will do it.
    there are a few members that can also remove it to get them over night and during the weekend who also get the notice when you report it. the report sends a link to the spam post so it can be deleted and admin will remove the posters privilege when she comes in during the business day.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Thats just standard policy on the internet:

Do NOT feed the trolls!
      Millermatic 180 Auto Set

Comment

What is wrong with answering the thread? I thought spammers only benefit if you follow the link that they want you to look at.

Comment

if you answer the thread it keeps it at the top of the page giving it more front page time is what he is getting to. if no one answers it it will fall off the first page and be forgotten. a quick report will get it removed as soon as admin, myself or one of the other's with thread pulling power comes on. and admin will cut his membership when working day starts.
          if we keep them out of the spot light and delete them quickly they will move on or at least not get to disrupt us as much.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Yep,
            News to me I will do that in the future.

Thanks.
            Tim Beeker,
            T-N-J Industries
            (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
            Esab 450i with wire feeder
            HH135 mig
            Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
            Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
            Marathon 315mm coldsaw
            vertical and horizontal band saws
            table saw