Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spam

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

The best way to deal with Spam is to IGNORE it.

Every time someone makes a thread about MCdooshbag or responds, it just gives the Spammer more traffic.

Just report the Post so the Admin can remove it

There is a Triangle with an Exclamation mark in the top right corner of every post- click on it to report the post to Admins.

yep, that will do it.
    there are a few members that can also remove it to get them over night and during the weekend who also get the notice when you report it. the report sends a link to the spam post so it can be deleted and admin will remove the posters privilege when she comes in during the business day.

Comment

Thats just standard policy on the internet:

Do NOT feed the trolls!

Comment

What is wrong with answering the thread? I thought spammers only benefit if you follow the link that they want you to look at.

Comment

if you answer the thread it keeps it at the top of the page giving it more front page time is what he is getting to. if no one answers it it will fall off the first page and be forgotten. a quick report will get it removed as soon as admin, myself or one of the other's with thread pulling power comes on. and admin will cut his membership when working day starts.
          if we keep them out of the spot light and delete them quickly they will move on or at least not get to disrupt us as much.

Comment

Yep,
            News to me I will do that in the future.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.