No announcement yet.

About the pigmy goat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys should live around here. Every spring, we have goat races in a small town called Falmouth. It started out as a joke but now its been going at least 10 years and is a big event.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

When I was around 8 yrs old, I lived with my grandfather on a farm. He bought a young female goat. As cute as it was, it was so destructive. Tie it to a small tree and it would just about chew the tree in half. It killed a few young fruit trees.
      Back then we had what was called the MANOR MAN. He came once a week I think driving a truck filled with bread, doughnuts, sweet rolls etc. Not knowing we had a goat now, he left the rear door open to the truck. Bad idea. Do you have any idea how many loaves of bread, bags of doughnuts etc a goat can open in five minutes? She jumped up into the truck went to town. It was really funny to me only. My grandfather was mad. he had to pay for all of that.
      We lived in a old large 2.5 story house. It's summer, it's hot. Most doors and windows open for air. Did I mention this goat loved to play tag. Well,my grandfather had to go to town for a couple of hours. The entire farm was ours now to do what we wish. We started tag with the goat outside and before you know it, it had gone to the inside of the house. We thought how fun is it to have a goat chase you throughout the house. Well my grandfather
      came back earlier than expected and just in time to see the goat crawling out of the first floor bathroom window. He was really mad and "time out" was
      not an alternative.
      Nick
      Miller 252 Mig
      Miller Cricket XL
      Millermatic 150 Mig
      Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
      2-O/A outfits
      Jet Lathe and Mill
      Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
      DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
      Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
      20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
      Propane Forge
      60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
      Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
      and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Monte

ahhh...childhood memories....does your bottom still hurt from all tht whupping you got?
        I'm not late...
        I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Actually I got a lot of those. The whoop wasn't too bad but the ping at the end was a killer. I guess I deserved it though. Steal his bullets, shotgun shells, make bombs. No wonder! One day I may tell you how I jumped off the roof of a 2.5 story house hanging on to a big black umbrella. Flight was great but the sudden stop at ground level was NOT. My brother and I use to play tag on the big barn roofs. The loser was the one that slid off into glass, nails, bailing wire etc. OH YEAH...the good old days. It was really a lot of fun.
          I'm surprised I wasn't killed as a young boy. I think of "A BOY NAMED SUE". It just made me tuff.
          Nick
          Miller 252 Mig
          Miller Cricket XL
          Millermatic 150 Mig
          Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
          2-O/A outfits
          Jet Lathe and Mill
          Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
          DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
          Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
          20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
          Propane Forge
          60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
          Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
          and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
            I guess I deserved it though. Steal his bullets, shotgun shells, make bombs. No wonder! One day I may tell you how I jumped off the roof of a 2.5 story house hanging on to a big black umbrella.
            man i got to hear this
            my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
            feel free to P/M me

Comment

Ok "Sue",
              tell us your story
              I'm not late...

Comment

Nick, please enlighten us on some of these stories, they gotta be good by the sounds of it.Maybe later on we can compare notes as to who had the best story growing up. Dave
                If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
                Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

THAT'LL BE A FUN THREAD!!! I'll start!!

One day...at band camp....
                  I'm not late...

Comment

The wife & I had a pet pigmy goat for awhile.
                    That was the most cool pet I ever had.
                    We got it real young, and with just one- it didn't know it was a goat.
                    It identified with the dogs.
                    They'd try to play together:
                    The goat wouldn't let the dogs chew on it the way they played,,
                    and the dogs never did appreciate that 'head butt business'.

They love tobacco products-
                    It'd dance on it's back legs for a ciggarette- then eat it, filter & all.
                    She loved paper:
                    It ate all the paper labels off the paint cans in the garage,
                    and a phone book- one page at a time.
                    One time I was reading a car repair manuel,
                    the goat sneaked up on me and snatched a page out of the book and hauled a##--- chewing as fast as she could.

It'd hound you to death when it smelled a peppermint or cinnamon fire Jolly Rancher in your pocket. The critter loved them, and ate 'em- wrapper and all.

It'd eat all day long.
                    But not that cheap hay, it was Alfalfa or nothing.
                    You'd go outside, and if her hay box weas empty-
                    she'd go to it and stare at ya.

The bushes in the back yard looked like they'd been trimmed with a lazer beam. She ate every leaf or sprig she could stretch up and reach.

We finally got busted by the city, and traded her off to a friend in the country.
                    Now, she's the most cool pet they ever had and thier little kids play with it all day long.
                    In trade, we got otis--- a slightly retarded basset hound.
                    He's OK, but that goat was the best.

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
                    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
                    Author:
                    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Comment

Working...
                    X