Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tig torches - is there a standard?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig torches - is there a standard?

I was looking for some cups for my torch and I noticed that addd may say for example "for series, 9, 20, 25" torches.

Is there some standard across manufacturers or manufacturer specific?

Thanks,

standardized

mostly standard threw all makes. a #17 or 150amp torch will accept parts from most makers. the CK torches are interchangeable with weld craft and so on. its supposed to be standardized but it may be possible to get a really cheepo torch that wont play well with others.

Comment

Tig consumables..

The 17/18 torches and consumables are not compatible with the 9/20s. If you have a 17 (whether it is a Diamondback, Tweco, Weldcraft, etc) it uses 17/18 series parts. The same applies to the 9 series.

HTH

Comment

Triggerman 150STL...

Hey Triggerman...

Thanks for your reply. I noticed the maxstar 150 stl listing on your signature. What kinda things do you use it for? Do you tig, stick weld both. I love mine; it is amazing for it's size and duel voltage. I have used it for some stick welding on job sites and now I'm learning to tig on it.

Thanks,

Comment

sorry i mis-understood your question. i thought you wanted to know if all similar torches like #17 from different makers would interchange parts.

Comment

Greetings!

Originally posted by Handy560 View Post
            What kinda things do you use it for? Do you tig, stick weld both.
            I Tig and Stick with it. The 150 is the king of portability in my book. I even made a special cord adapter to grab 230V from two seperate 115V outlets on different phases in the breaker panel.

I have tigged thin stainless in kitchens one day and stick welded 6" pipe the next day on live systems full of water.

If I could only keep two of my blue boxes, they would be my Maxstar 150STL and my Spectrum 375-Xtreme plasma cutter.

Good luck. HTH.

James, don't worry about it. You gave an excellent answer to the question you thought he asked.

Comment

James...

That really was the right answer in that I wanted to shop for some replacement parts for the torch and wanted to know what to look for.

Of course I am so spastic at that point I was already on to my next question.

Thanks again,

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.