Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financing A Welder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financing A Welder

Does Miller offer financing or do the local weld shop/stores offer this? Thinking about getting a welder/Gen but don't want to put out 3K all at once, need to keep some $$ too buy steel.

David

There's always my theory...lay down the plastic and then weld like mad till it's paid

Comment

Or you can buy the steel with plastic.

Comment

Or you can "rat hole" alot of your money into your taxes (claim 0 on your exemptions and an extra $10/day ) and get a Syncrowave 200 and All the things you need to grind , cut , clean etc... and some steel and aluminum and stainless !!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by Blackbird455; 03-08-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Well guys, none of the above. I'm just a poor dumb part time farmer that needs a welder, would like to start new and have it last 30-yrs. Can't really start a business with it (too many other welders in the area not making a living). I'm needing to build a power screen for gravel and loam, I have most everything that I need for materials except some sheet stock. Also will need it for many other projects as time goes on. The way I look at it, I could hire it out @ $40-50 an hr. or take that $$, buy a welder, learn how to weld and do my own welding for the rest of my life.

David

Comment

dsgsr

....give him a fish and feed him for a day.....
            ....TEACH him to fish and feed him for the rest of his life....
            I like your thinking Hope to see you on the boards more

Comment

do some welding for a man and fix his stuff
              teach a man how to weld and he will collect all kinds of crap off the side of the road and burn himself constantly

Comment

To get back to the original question............most big national welding suppliers offer financing; from Airgas to MaineOxy/SpecAir in your area. Terms and such sometimes really good; sometimes you'll do better on a personal loan at your bank or credit union. Lincoln offers a really good program with Lincoln Electric Capital............not sure if Miller has a similar program or not.
                Last edited by SMTatham; 03-09-2008, 11:26 AM.

Comment

FWIW Lincoln is doing 3.9% apr on purchases right now, not sure on lease rates.

Comment

Airgas/Miller will lease to own to businesses only. It's a fairly good deal if you qualify and can afford the 12+1 plan. Divide the full cost by 12 and that's your payment each month - make one extra payment at the end of 12 months, and you own it. That was the deal a couple years ago when I looked into it. I ended up getting a personal 3yr loan (lower payments). If you lease from Miller for a longer than 1 yr, than it's not such a good deal anymore - bank loans are cheaper long term.

Comment

Originally posted by TS-Off-Road View Post
                      Airgas/Miller will lease to own to businesses only. It's a fairly good deal if you qualify and can afford the 12+1 plan. Divide the full cost by 12 and that's your payment each month - make one extra payment at the end of 12 months, and you own it. That was the deal a couple years ago when I looked into it. I ended up getting a personal 3yr loan (lower payments). If you lease from Miller for a longer than 1 yr, than it's not such a good deal anymore - bank loans are cheaper long term.
                      Just another reason to buy red machines!! They like dealing with individuals!

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, I guess it's a trip to my local credit Union. I think at 9.5% interest for a three yr plan I can handle a 100 bucks a month. I hate loans, I'd love to just "come up with the money" but life now days ain't as rich as it was a few yrs. back. I'm looking at the Miller Bobcat 250 Welder/Gen. I see them on E-bay for about 3100 with free shipping. Do you all think thats the way too go? Again Thank you for the Information.

David

Comment

For the same $$ price wise you could get a Ranger 250 from a local supplier and get 3.9% financing..............and frankly no I don't think a Bobcat is the way to go.

Comment

I would say that a Ranger 250 is heads and tails above a bobcat.
                            I have seen a least a couple businesses supported by a Ranger 250

Comment

Originally posted by dsgsr View Post
                              Thank you all for your replies, I guess it's a trip to my local credit Union. I think at 9.5% interest for a three yr plan I can handle a 100 bucks a month. I hate loans, I'd love to just "come up with the money" but life now days ain't as rich as it was a few yrs. back. I'm looking at the Miller Bobcat 250 Welder/Gen. I see them on E-bay for about 3100 with free shipping. Do you all think thats the way too go? Again Thank you for the Information.

David

9.5% sounds pretty stiff. Most of the credit unions in California will give you 5 to 6% on a personal loan if you have a small account with them....mabe you should shop around a little more.
                              Last edited by Synchroman; 03-10-2008, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.