Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbage Incinerator

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Incinerator

Another of 41 incinerators completed today. Main body is 6ft. tall.Feature a 24" X 24" door reinforced in body & inside od door to stop warping. Holes in end are for round bars to make the grate. Also a full width cleanout door on bottom. Project is 11 guage material & uses 3- 4 X 8 sheets. No burning allowed in towns anymore so these all go to farm or acreage people.Works much better than a barrel because garbage stays dry & a piece of expanded metal in the top of chimney stops half burnt papers from blowing across your yard.
    Attached Files

mig?..
    it looks ausome its looks so clean i wouldent want to put garbage in it

Comment

thats prity nice looking burner.
      i could use one of them, i just built a 4'X4' fenced in top and 3 sides with a gate to burn our papper stuff.
      are they pre-orderd or do you sell them localy??
      what kind of $$ you get for one, its got to be high with steel prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmxin^Bjorn View Post
        mig?..
        it looks ausome its looks so clean i wouldent want to put garbage in it
        Yes ,all parts are migged. Too many running feet to do with other processes.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
          thats prity nice looking burner.
          i could use one of them, i just built a 4'X4' fenced in top and 3 sides with a gate to burn our papper stuff.
          are they pre-orderd or do you sell them localy??
          what kind of $$ you get for one, its got to be high with steel prices.
          Thanks fun4now. Yes we keep cans separate so we only have to empty 2 X per year. Our government controlled nuisance ground is 12 miles away so this saves a lot of hauling.We just sell them locally, within a 60 mile radius.Sheets are seconds so that keeps price down a little.We sell them for $595.00 in Canuckbucks.With the wife's embroidery business this thing swallows a tremendous volume of cardboard.

Comment

Nice Job. May I ask for a little more detail on how you did the Chimney to keep the chunks and sparks from flying? Does it soot up to the point where you need to clean it?

I need to build something like that for getting rid of cardboard. Especially when it gets dry around here, don't want to set the yard on fire. Put a mesh over the burn barrel, that works ok but not great.

Thanks,
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by trstek View Post
              Nice Job. May I ask for a little more detail on how you did the Chimney to keep the chunks and sparks from flying? Does it soot up to the point where you need to clean it?

I need to build something like that for getting rid of cardboard. Especially when it gets dry around here, don't want to set the yard on fire. Put a mesh over the burn barrel, that works ok but not great.

Thanks,
              Tom
              Thanks for the compliment. All we are using is a piece of expanded metal about an inch down on the inside from the top of chimney.When it it is full of cardboard there are definitly sparks that escape but it stops large pieces from exiting & floating across yard.

Comment

We just sell them locally, within a 60 mile radius.Sheets are seconds so that keeps price down a little.We sell them for $595.00 in Canuckbucks
                thats realy cool. every time i make some thing i can never finde some one willing to pay for the time and effert to build it by hand. every one would rather buy the chepo import stamped out crap and just get a new one when it falls apart. so they think i should do it by hand and get the same low$ price as wally-world. it looks like your version is much nicer than the garbage they sell.
                at $600 it would pay for its self prity quick in saveings. we save several cans a week out of our bill by burning, at $15 a can that adds up fast.
                thanks for sharing i been thinking about building some thing similer but never have the extra $$( extra $$$ like that ever happens)i'll have to kep my eye out for some sheets next trip into the steel shop.
                like i realy need another project, i have too many already on the to do list. seems like it just keeps growing.

Comment

wow, that thing is too nice to burn trash in!! you built 41 in one day??? that was a busy day!! what a great idea, i hope you sell a million of them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                    wow, that thing is too nice to burn trash in!! you built 41 in one day??? that was a busy day!! what a great idea, i hope you sell a million of them!!
                    Oops! Kinda worded that wrong didn't I . No actually the total we have made is 41. It actually takes most of a day to complete each one.

Comment

LOL i had to read it a few times too, i was thinking you must be realy fast to get 41 out in a day.... ...well that or i am realy slow in comparisin.
                      at 41 a day selling a milion could take a wile, but shore would be good $$.

Comment

looks really cool.
                        Put a taller chimmney on it and you could heat your garage with it [wood] of course.

Comment

hummm, good idea. i wonder how thick it would need to be for that, i could use some heat in the winter.

Comment

It doesnt have to be very thick, when i was a kid, my dad made one out of a barrell. worked very good I just got tired of splitting wood. [heated with wood in the house too] He built a log splitter after I went in the Marines

Comment

see all that wood splitting got ya ready and in shape to be a gar head. same thing split wood all day or dig holes all day.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.