Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tig welding aluminum.... Total rookie here...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bikecollector1220 View Post
    I've been shopping for some gas lens but my local Airgas crew is stumped when I ask about them... Wierd eh? I've seen them but don't know where to find them..
    Call Jeff Noland at HTP America (1-800-USA-WELD). I got a complete set (.040", 1/16", 3/32" and 1/8") in a kit box for very reasonable cost from him (on sale for $29 + shipping). They work great and Jeff is a good guy.
    Last edited by phila.renewal; 05-22-2007, 05:47 AM.

Comment

not too bad, dose he cary the replacement parts as well? i would think he dose, it woud be good to have a regular scorce for them as aposed to haveing to find them on e-bay when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
        not too bad, dose he cary the replacement parts as well? i would think he dose, it woud be good to have a regular scorce for them as aposed to haveing to find them on e-bay when needed.
        Yup. Give him a call with what you need. TIG torch parts are standardized and he's got them all plus the cool stuff like the gas lenses, and pyrex cup kits if you're into that.

He also has MIG gun parts and plasma gun parts for a variety of different guns. MIG and TIG machines, plasma cutters, spot weld machines, etc.

I gave up on most "anonymous" ebay sellers for that sort of stuff -- many places never respond to communication and if there's a problem or mistake, you are on your own.

HTP is a long established company with top notch customer service (like immediate response to emails, they answer the phones, they help you out, etc.). Jeff knows welding and one phone call conversation or email exchange will get you what you need. Only reason I didn't buy the HTP TIG welder was I wanted local (as in within a mile or two) service availability and my LWS carries Miller.

Comment

I'M PRITY WELL STOCKED UP AT THE MOMENT. I DONT GET TO tig AS MUCH AS I WISH I COULD.
          (stupid caps lock buttoon )
          any way, if i get to TIGing a bit more i'll have to give him a call.
          so did you go with the dyn200 then for TIG or bigger ??

Comment

Show off!!!
            Last edited by STACK; 06-05-2007, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.