Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bike Lift

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Lift

Needed something to lift the bike up, cause I;m getting to old to bend over and shine it up. Found these plans on the internet and built it last summer.
    Attached Files

Just a suggestion . . .

You may want to narrow the size of the lift table to about 2'. Still maintain outriggers to tie the bike down. Many many years ago I worked in a Harley Dealer and we had one WIDE lift, it was a pain to work on because you were always stretched out . . . .

But I must tell you it looks really nice and very well made.

Comment

Bike lift

Its wide enough, that when I ride the bike on it I can still put my feet down, but narrow enough I don' have to reach to work on it.

Works real good.......... can set my ashtray, and my scotch on it while I change oil or clean and polish.

Comment

Originally posted by BikerBob View Post
        Its wide enough, that when I ride the bike on it I can still put my feet down, but narrow enough I don' have to reach to work on it.

Works real good.......... can set my ashtray, and my scotch on it while I change oil or clean and polish.
        you mean you let your glass of scotch out of your hand???
        what are you thinking

Comment

Nice setup Bob!
          do you have the plans still?
          Mike

Comment

Bike Lift

I got the plans from this site

http://www.afabonline.com/table_lift_plans.htm

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.