No announcement yet.

Newbie with a Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it showing that i dont do this for a living. well or at all yet for that matter.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

No it doesn't, I'm joking

I've learned something from everybody who has posted on here
      Scott
      HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

no kidding, lots of good info to be found here.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Where I've worked before, and know, TIG and MIG is NOT an option! All using stick.
          I'm not late...
          I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

put some fire in that wire! been a while since i ran that stuff but its got to be hot. same with 7024. learn how to run 232 wire and you will flat out smoke other welders out. with 232 i can smoke any wire feeder. plus its hard. used for structural. learn your lo/hy rods thats what most people use in construction

Comment

Ive had it happen

I welded with a cheap ac welder with the same rod, one box worked fine. Good welds, bought another box and had the problem you are having? went back to the first box and they worked fine. so far been only 1 box i found will work. good luck

Comment

could be the 2nd box had been on the shelf too long or gotten exposed to some sereous moisture some how. they do have a shelf life as i understand it and need to be kept dry, so that could be the problem.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

in the picture, it looked like the travel speed was too fast, arc length was too long, running too cold, and are you left handed or took the picture upside down?

next to tig, stick is the funnest way to weld. it's more work but once you get good at it, wou'll want to do everything with it.

Comment

Here is a good video tutorial of how to arc weld.

http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/...eld-finish.htm

Comment

Bilbobaker
                      welcome and thanks for the link. i cant view it as im on dial up but i'm shore some will enjoy it a lot, and i may try iyt agai if i get a better conection. right now its dragging prity bad. at 1 AM you would think i could get a good conection, well it is saterday night. i supose the **** sites are using up all the line time.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

Working...
                      X