Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stationary sanders

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stationary sanders

What types of stationary sanders do you guys use and how do they work for you?I just bought a craftsman 2 in belt, 6in disc combo and it sucks.

greg1302,
    I have the same one you do, but I use it for small projects. Only! Not much torque! I saw 1 time a few years ago a small fab shop (aluminum mostly) have a much larger one (sears again). Think the round part was like 12" with the belt side was 8 or 10". Worked well for them, using it to cope round alum tubing and other things. 1 you and I got has such a small motor.... What are you trying to use it for?
    bert
    bert

Comment

I have a 12" disc from enco and it works really well.http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...PARTPG=INLMK32

Just get good discs for it

Comment

Bert I use mine for small aluminum parts and for thin wall small diameter tubing. I had ordered from sears end of feb. showed up a week ago.

Comment

I use a Jet Multitool I got from trick-tools: http://vansantent.com/multitool.htm
          I bought it as an affordable belt sander but it is one of the most used tools in my shop.

Comment

I have the Grizzly Model G1276 (1725 RPM) 6"x48" Belt and 12" Disc combination stationary sander. It does a great job. Heavy-duty, rated at 1 HP.

Using a standard mitre gauge in the table slot (standard 3/4") it's easy to achieve near perfect bevels. Nearly every miter that comes from my chop saw goes to the sander for cleanup.

It's not inexpensive (approx. $500) but I have had excellent results with it.

Comment

I ahve a 6 x 48, two 2 x 72 and one of those Sears things with the disk sander on the side.

I don't use the Sears one, the others are my work horses.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.