Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding Table

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Table

Finally got the basic table done. For those who care about such things the top is 30" x 40" X 1/2", the base is 2"x 1/4" sq tubing, the legs & shelf bracing is 2" X 2" X 3/16" angle, the shelf is #9 3/4" flat, & the casters are HF 330# cast centers. The basic table is simple, nothing fancy although I plan on adding a fold down cutting grid, vice, and other stuff at some point.
    Attached Files

Nice looking table

I really like the table you built..it really looks nice. I'd say you do good quality work you can be proud of. Thanks for sharing, Farris

Comment

Thanks for the good words

Comment

Hmmm. That table seems familiar, like I have seen it somewhere before.

Looks good over here too! Nice work George

Comment

hobart message board

I think you saw it over at the hobart message board too.

Anyways, great job on the table

Comment

I didn't want to anyone to feel left out.

Comment

nice work sundown

Comment

Sundown,

In you last photo (table Top on ) it showed your bender. Who made it? Can you post some photos of it?

Thanks
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Trap Doctor
                  Sundown,

In you last photo (table Top on ) it showed your bender. Who made it? Can you post some photos of it?

Thanks
                  Jim
                  Here is a link to the place I bought mine from. http://cgi.ebay.com/Sheet-Metal-Pede...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

George, you might want to cover your fishing reels. The UV rays from your welders will break down your fishing line. Don't want the big one to get away...

Comment

Originally posted by 911Handyman
                      George, you might want to cover your fishing reels. The UV rays from your welders will break down your fishing line. Don't want the big one to get away...
                      Didn't think about that, thanks ... I re-spool with new line in the spring every year, I will make a drop cloth to hang over them.

Comment

that explains why

Originally posted by 911Handyman
                        That explains why the big one got away! *LOL*
                        Farris

Comment

Welding table

Looks good

Good job Sundown

Comment

Kudos on the table...

Sundown - clever design on the locking casters, where did you get that idea? From what it looks like, you keep them from rolling and swiveling with a single bolt that threads all the way down to the wheel, correct?

I've been trying to figure out a way to keep my table mobile but stable at the same time, something by way of retractable casters or something. But I like your idea.

Comment

weilding table

sundown nice job is that a ring roller in the back ground
                              what make is it

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.