Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Project.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Project.

Just finished a 6 x 12 trailer to haul my motorcycles on. Mostly recycled steel, 4 in channel outer frame rails, and 2 in angle cross members. Dexter torsion Flex axle. Bi fold tailgate. did not like a gate sticking 4 ft in the air, so I split it and hinged it. All the steel was found in an old barn being torn down, so I scrounged it for a little labor. Ended up with less than $700 in the finished project. My own design, hauls My Interstate and a couple of sport bikes nicely.
    Attached Files

looks really nice...especially the lights in the gate! great job

Comment

The lights in the gate, were to save width on the trailer. I have a narrow drive with a couple of bends. Need all the help I could get to make it a little easier to back in.

Comment

Looks great, very nice job. I use allot of recycled steel from work for my personal projects.

Comment

Plans for your trailer

Hi,
          I am new to this board and just now taking a Basic Welding course with the intent to finish all available welding courses through a local community college.

Very nice trailer.

That is the kind of trailer I would like to build. As an experienced welder, you probably have the plans in your head but I would like to know those same plans if you have them on paper somewhere. That is, if you are inclined to share. If not, I understand. I like the beam frame idea. If you know where I can purchase some plans, I would appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Comment

nice job on the trailer, I like it when people put a little thought and pride into their projects. Dave

Comment

nice job. like the gate!

Comment

trailer
                trailer looks realey nice i like the lights in the gate its differnt looking thats what catches a lot of eyes. watch the blocks they arnt safe. thanks for the pics

Comment

Look up champion trailer supply on the web, they have plans for single or tandem axle trailers. they list materials and measurements etc. and they are free.

Originally posted by markwaco View Post
                  Hi,
                  I am new to this board and just now taking a Basic Welding course with the intent to finish all available welding courses through a local community college.

Very nice trailer.

That is the kind of trailer I would like to build. As an experienced welder, you probably have the plans in your head but I would like to know those same plans if you have them on paper somewhere. That is, if you are inclined to share. If not, I understand. I like the beam frame idea. If you know where I can purchase some plans, I would appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Comment

verry nice job.

Comment

Good looking trailer and I like the lights in the tailgate too

Comment

Very nice trailer!

Comment

Nice. How do you support the gate at the hinge when it is down!

Comment

Trailer looks good, was also wondering about how you made your hinges and your latches for your tailgate? Also your cherry picker did you make it also if so could we see another photo or two of it?

Comment

The first part of the gate is held by chains, like a truck tailgate. And the second part just tilts at the hinge to the pavement.

Originally posted by Goodhand View Post
                              Nice. How do you support the gate at the hinge when it is down!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.