Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel Max

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Max

This Saw Is A Steel Cuter It Has A Comparment On The Side That Catches The Slevers Of Steel When Cutting. An The Steel Doesnt Get Hot When Cutting. I Use It On Alum. Too It Is Pretty Handey In The Felid Where You Need A Clean Cut

Name:  61bd8263c86d04c5d75a85a4957288c1.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  856ccb4ee7f96036352bc32718934fd0.jpg
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  51bc47a8b72440d9252220eb702019e8.jpg
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  c633c699e01f61b43ca2e0434a3cc203.jpg
Size:  64.8 KB

they also make a good mag drill.have the original one that only takes the annular cutters but just recenty bought the new model that also takes a morse taper drill chuck or a drill bit

Comment

Mag Drill

Havent Seen That One Yeat We Got That Saw About A Year Ago From A Lawson Dealer That Was The First Time I Have Seen It Thanks For The Reply

Comment

Nice saw. First time a salesman demonstrated one, everybody stepped back thinking the teeth would come off. It was an evolution brand. Cut right through a piece of 3/8" plate, nice and smooth

Comment

I use both the saw and the older model drill at work.

I find the saw works well for thin guage steel up to 1/4" plate when the collector cover is removed. If not, I find the chips pile up very quickly generating friction and heat bogging the saw down. I use rapid tap and machinist's coolant while cutting, it has seemed to keep the blade in good shape for quite some time now.
          The drill works very well although I wish it had tapping functions. It's the only mag drill annular cutter system that I've used that has its own lube feed. I like the fact that the drill has a safety device in it so that if there isn't enough magnetic grip the drill switch automatically shuts off. I've used it to mill slots 11/16" wide (using the bit like a router, the drill stationary, and material sliding in a jig) into 5/8" X 2" cold rolled steel. After attempting this totally incorrect use of the machine, the annular cutter and machine were in perfect condidtion. I'll try to post pics. It bores good quallity holes up to 2 3/8" by 2" deep.
          Last edited by JonnyTIG; 05-01-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

steel max

sounds like this saw has been around for sometime now i just seen it a year and half ago and picked it up a year ago havent seen the drill that you jonnnytig and cajuncat is talking about.

Comment

The auto lube system is really nice.The new model also lets you select two different speeds which is real helpful on the bigger holes.Just used it today to drill some 1 7/8 holes in 1 1/2 with no problems.Will have to try and set the drill up by the holes and post a picture of it.

Comment

SteelMax as been at the Air Liquide tent shows over here in Hawaii for 3 (I think) years now. bought the chop saw last month and LOVE IT!!! Came with an extra blade for steel. He said I could cut a little alum with it, but if I did a lot, I should buy the alum blade (more teeth).
                bert

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.