Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

favorite tools

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HMW View Post
    I thought of something while reading some of the other posts. What are some of your favorite hand tools. Brands, types, size etc. we were talking about grinders a little in another post. My favorites are 4 1/2" Metabo. [have 3] I have had Millwaukees [did good, nobody makes a better 1/2" drill], Makita [didn't like the cord], Craftsmen [didn't last to long] . Have had paddle switchs but prefer the thumb swith with lock. Have a big Black and Decker wildcat 7"/9" that will wear you out but it can remove some material. HF brand had 2 [inherited] that totally sucked, used them with flap discs only. Didn't last too long and no power.Good to have one for a pinch i guess.

Anybody have any favorite brands of tools. Something you tried and either liked or didn't like?
    I've got a couple of B&D Wildcats-They're lightweights compared to the Milwaukee 6066 I keep in my gangbox at work!

Comment

My favorite and most important tool in any shop I work in is black and decker. It makes me more efficent and the other tools seem to work better afterwards too. I run it all day long and never have a problem with it unless I run out of consumables. The COFFEE POT!!!

Comment

New to welding, but not to tools,

I must say I'm very impressed with my new Milwaukee 14" dry-cut saw.
        After reading this thread gonna start looking for a vise on CL and get a bigger hammer .

Comment

10-4 on the coffee pot. Nothing else in the shop runs until that does, including me!

Comment

coffee always comes first. I would say the plasma cutter. Saves a ton of time and opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.