Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

just completed my first class of night school

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just completed my first class of night school

tig welding. have posted photos for comments (good or bad) Obviously going to need lots of practice.
    Attached Files

Congrats. Well to me It dosent look so bad lets see..
    heat looks good.
    re-start not so good..try re-starting your puddle at the tip of the crater dip rod into puddle to fill crater pause for a one-onethousand count then continue with dip move -dip move progress forward
    Being your new tig welding most of all takes a steady hand/and good eye hand corodination to do effectively.Also move faster that should also help
    Dave.
    Last edited by weldone; 05-02-2007, 08:01 PM.

Comment

cheers

thanks for the feed back

Comment

Don't give up

I just finished 2 years and 2 months of college welding classes going after work 4 nights a week and I can tell you. It's hard when you work all day to work all night but it's worth it. There were times, especiall in the pipe welding classes, that I just had to put the nose to the grindstone and get-r-done!
        so GET-R-DONE!

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.