I had a customer call me up yesterday morning yelling and screaming that the trailer he bought from me about 3 months ago is falling apart and what a piece of crap it was. He tells me that either I didn't weld one side of the tongue to the frame or the weld wasn't good enough and broke. Seeing he lives about a 100 miles away I suggested he take a picture of the problem and e-mail it to me. He sends me one picture of the left side of the tongue, sure enough it's not attached to the frame any longer. The first thing I'm thinking is maybe when the trailer was framed out we just tacked it and forgot to finish weld. I told him to carefully bring it back to me so we could repair it and check over the rest of the trailer. This morning he pulls up with it and I immediately go right to the left side of the tongue and take a look. The weld was fine, It ripped the metal, so I get up and start walking around the trailer to find the problem. He had mounted a tool box on the tongue and the right side of it is caved in, yes you guessed it, he jack knifed the trailer and it's my crappy work to blame. It took me almost an hour and a lot of patience to explain why the tongue was ripped off and wasn't covered under warranty. In the future I think I am going to have to put a stupidity clause in my warranty policy. The first picture is the one he sent me. The others I took, he still thinks he shouldn't have to pay for repair as it's only three month old.
No announcement yet.
broken trailer tongue