No announcement yet.

First bend test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start and stops on regular tests arnt that bad to do if you can do it correctly, I always thought in order to do it right you must stop and start in the same place sort of like the way you heat the puddle so it completely goes through the bead and makes good penetration.
    Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

Comment

The start stop thing is very true, what Anti - GMAW said, and what you have posted. If you want to get good at them, destructive test your start-stops, with each process and position. The broken coupons will show you what weld faults are affecting your weldment, and you will learn what to do to make sound start-stops, with any process on many different joint configurations.
      Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
      Esab PCM 1000

Comment

The start stop thing is very true, what Anti - GMAW said, and what you have posted. If you want to get good at them, destructive test your start-stops, with each process and position. The broken coupons will show you what weld faults are affecting your weldment, and you will learn what to do to make sound start-stops, with any process on many different joint configurations.
        If your coupons don't break (or show defects larger than 1/8" in any direction) you are doing something right.
        Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
        Esab PCM 1000

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that for me Johny, thats prety much right on the money.

Comment

I finally get to put my TIG welding to the test of a project I went to my coop placement and got put on my first project I started it yesterday and will be finishing it today. I am working on a lawn mower deck I have to replace 2 pieces that hold the wheels in place nothing to big but definitely going down for my experience I never got to try mild steel and thats exactly what I am using, I was told that it works in the exact same way stainless does but its not as clean I might just give a sample piece a try just to make sure I'm up and ready to go.
            Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

Comment

Working...
            X