Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very happy day

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very happy day

Today I got a letter in the mail saying I got accepted into the Holland College welding fabrication program. I can actually say I am one step closer to my dream job. I know that things are only going to get better (I hope) for me as my life goes a step further away from being an teenager. Does anyone have any advice for any brand names for tools to look into for my vice grips C clamps and they want me tog et flame resistant coveralls they have it priced at $200. So if I can get some brands form you guys that would really give me a good start to figure out what I need to buy and price it.

Ryan

Mostly at my construction site, everyone (the general and subcontractors) uses DeWalt cordless, probably 'cause they buy the 5 piece combo kit. Prices are about $500-$600 (get the one with the 4 1/2" grinder), batteries are @ $90 each. I have a Ryobi cordless grinder I got last week from Home Depot 'cause I was desperate for something fast and paid $100 for the grinder,2 batteries and the charger. Remember, you get what you pay for! DeWalt batteries last 4-8 times longer than my Ryobi. See a lot of Milwaukee and Portaband (portable bandsaw is popular). Lot of people buy them at Costco, Home Depot and Lowes. See what you kind find on eBay through a reputable store. Sure you can get it a lot cheaper.
    ****Remember, you get what you pay for! ****
    good luck
    bert

Comment

Good quality is worth the price

When you are looking at tools such as hand clamps or vice grips don't cheap out. Go for a quality brand such as Irwin. While that three dollar special that is fresh of the boat from China might seem like a good deal, It will only bring fustration to you. You get what you pay for.
      If you have to buy any bar clamps, save your pretty pennies and go for a Bessey. They may cost an arm and a leg, but they are the best and they will still be along long after you have left the world.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.