my bottle rentel getting to high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my bottle rentel getting to high

we got my rentel bill to day. it went from $24.00 a year to $42.00.when we got them we had to pay $175.00 per bottle. and we have six bottles. that getting to high.
    miller bobcat 250
    wc 115a
    spoolmatic 30a
    centery 250 mic
    2 lincoln 225 stick
    a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

rental bottles

After having problems getting bottles filled while working out of town or out of state we finally bought our bottles. We started out buying one, renting the others, it took awhile to buy them all but I now own all of my own bottles. Buying them all at once was out of the question cause of the large expense. took me about a year or so to make the transition. I've got 2-80 c.f. oxy, 2- 40 cf acet, 1- 40 c.f. oxy., 1- 20 c.f. acet, 1 -80 cf 75/25, 1- 40 cf 75/25, 1- 80 cf argon, 1- 40 c.f. argon, and a 40 c.f. tri mix. I don't recall how much the 80 cubic foot bottles were, but I think the 40 c.f. were about $140.00 each. Thats alot of money for me to fork out, but I don't have any problem swapping them out anywhere I go now. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

more bottle info

I ended up buying the last few bottles from Indiana Oxygen Supply. The were cheaper (with shipping included) than any of our local welding suppliers. Dave
      If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
      Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Are you sure that wasn't a mistake? Doubling the bill like that is a huge no-no if they want continued business. If it is legit, I would have those suckers on their dock by the end of the month. That said, I used to rent, now all my bottles are owned. I have eight cyls now and I am not paying a dime in rent now. I like it.
        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
        '06 12RC feeder
        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
        Esab Multimaster 260
        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

dabar39

i dont know it we can even buy the bottles or not. i have to go to a supplier and exchange them. its about 3 mile if he dont have what i need i have to go 18 mile.they take them to decatur IL. to get filled. and thats every two weeks. the co. S.J.smith out of davenport IOWA. i well look into buying our bottles. it is just my fatherinlaw and myself. thanks for the reply
          miller bobcat 250
          wc 115a
          spoolmatic 30a
          centery 250 mic
          2 lincoln 225 stick

Comment

dda52

plan to give them a call tomorrow. to see whats going on.i well look in to another suppler.
            miller bobcat 250
            wc 115a
            spoolmatic 30a
            centery 250 mic
            2 lincoln 225 stick

Comment

The State of Alaska has three auctions each year and the last three years they have had used cylinders up for bid. Last spring I bought a pallet full of the largest cylinders made the ones that you bust a nut lifting empty total 21. You'll all mess your pants when you hear the final bid $275.00 all but two were current in the stamps. I traded many in to the lws and took a credit of $75.00 each sold a few for $175.00 ea. I kept five for future barter or expansion.

I would be looking in your area for auctions.

TJ
              TJ______________________________________

Comment

Just FYI, when I bought my 75/25 and 100 Ar I bought used bottles from my supplier at the time. No need in buying brand new ones because you are going to have to swap them out anyway and they'll be long gone. Also, I usually carry some sort of paper work with me if I'm out of town and not using my regular supplier that shows that I actually own them. Never really had a problem, but as murphy would have it, if I didn't, I'd find the one shop with a grouchy old manager that wouldn't swap em. I need to check my numbers, but I know that bottles took a drastic hike over the last few months here as well. I have a few leased. SSS
                Bobcat 250, MM 210, Syncrowave 180, Spectrum 375
                Cat 242B Skid Steer, Challenger (Cat/Agco) MT275
                1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Comment

bottel rentle

just went to there site cant fine anything on there lease or rentel or buy.progarm thanks to you all for replyin
                  miller bobcat 250
                  wc 115a
                  spoolmatic 30a
                  centery 250 mic
                  2 lincoln 225 stick

Comment

wow thats crazy, they must have made some kind of mistake to charge you 175$ per bottle

on a side note i just had to pay a lease on one of my bottles today 66$ cdn per year (s sized)
                    mm210
                    maxstar 150

Comment

They are going very high in price in the last few months. I currently own 1-155CF argon, 1-155CF C25, and 1-80CF C25 on my MM210. Just got the argon refilled last week and it was $38 for the fill and $12 for the HazMat junk. After lifting the 155CF I am thinking I would like to trade the two 155's for three or four 80CF's as the big ones are getting to be a pain for me to lift. I would really like to have 125's but they won't sell me that size as they keep that size for lease and rental only.
                      Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                      Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                      Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                      Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

George, that is strange. They have 125's and 155's here as owner only and 225 and up as rental only. There are some owned large bottles, but not that many. I have converted almost all my 80's to 125's now. Just one left to go. It may take awhile since it has my spray gas in it. Don't use it much, so it may be awhile.....unless I decide to get it over with. The dang things are getting too expensive to wait too long. I like the 125's the best. No, they really don't last that long, but they are much easier to handle and trade out.
                        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                        '06 12RC feeder
                        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                        Esab Multimaster 260
                        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

TSC sells cylcinders.

Carroll Welding in Abilene Tx beats TSC prices on all with execption of the 244s.

They do not sell the 244s.

Most LWS are that way. They want the 244s to be theirs.

Comment

I purchased a 10 year lease 10 years ago, through KANOX, they were bought out about 5 years or so ago by Airgas. About a month ago I got a bill for the next 10 years rental and it was close to double what the bill was 10 years ago.

It was about $250.00 10 years ago and now it is about $450.00 pretty big increase.

Comment

Originally posted by gnewby View Post
                              I purchased a 10 year lease 10 years ago, through KANOX, they were bought out about 5 years or so ago by Airgas. About a month ago I got a bill for the next 10 years rental and it was close to double what the bill was 10 years ago.

It was about $250.00 10 years ago and now it is about $450.00 pretty big increase.

I miss KANOX! They had a drop point about a mile from here at a local trailer shop that I could just run up and exchange at....Then Airgas came along.....Oh well, the only thing constant is change, so they say. SSS
                              Bobcat 250, MM 210, Syncrowave 180, Spectrum 375
                              Cat 242B Skid Steer, Challenger (Cat/Agco) MT275
                              1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Comment

Working...
                              X