my bottle rentel getting to high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DDA52 View Post
    George, that is strange. They have 125's and 155's here as owner only and 225 and up as rental only. There are some owned large bottles, but not that many. I have converted almost all my 80's to 125's now. Just one left to go. It may take awhile since it has my spray gas in it. Don't use it much, so it may be awhile.....unless I decide to get it over with. The dang things are getting too expensive to wait too long. I like the 125's the best. No, they really don't last that long, but they are much easier to handle and trade out.
    At least I get a trade value at the current cost, not the price I paid when I purchased them. The only other problem is that it costs about $28 to fill a 80CF and $38 to fill the 155CF that is over twice as big. I have some time to think about it as both the 155CF tanks are full right now.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
      At least I get a trade value at the current cost, not the price I paid when I purchased them. The only other problem is that it costs about $28 to fill a 80CF and $38 to fill the 155CF that is over twice as big. I have some time to think about it as both the 155CF tanks are full right now.

Same here at my least favorite LWS. They only charged me either 50 or 75 bucks for the 80 to 125 jump. I didn't think that was bad. I would go with 155's, but my closest and mostest favorite store doesn't carry ANY 155's. Only 125's. So far, I only have one 155 and the rest are 125's. Weight-wise, there really isn't very much difference between the two. If'n it were me and mine....I'd stay with the 155's...but then that is me.
      Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
      '06 12RC feeder
      Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
      Esab Multimaster 260
      Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

<snip>If'n it were me and mine....I'd stay with the 155's...but then that is me.
        I will be sure to remind you of that when you turn 66, that is if I am still around.
        Regards, George

Comment

Originally posted by Harvuskong View Post
          ...Most LWS are that way. They want the 244s to be theirs.
          This is a good case for updating your profile so we know where you are.

Seems to be different throughout the country, just like Don recently posted.

In the Las Vegas, NV area, anyone (Praxair, Airgas, Air Liquide) will sell you up to a 250CF. The 330CF is for leases only. I have four 250CF, two 150CF, and two 125 CF.

Comment

Mac is right. It is different everywhere from what I have been reading these last few years. Would sure be easier if everyone was the same.

George, I won't be going back to 80's ever. Too expensive in the long run and they run out way too fast. The dual shield I run requires the C-25 to be at 55cfh. I would have to carry too many bottles around to weld all day. I may be forced to get the big boys once again if I have too much of it to do. That would bite.
            Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
            '06 12RC feeder
            Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
            Esab Multimaster 260
            Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

In my area you can buy a 80cf cylinder for 140$ and 40$ for the fill.or you can buy a 20cf for 125$ and 40 for the fill. I cant figure that one out.
              sigpichttp://www.sharpsiron.com

Comment

Mac is right. It is different everywhere from what I have been reading these last few years. Would sure be easier if everyone was the same.

George, I won't be going back to 80's ever. Too expensive in the long run and they run out way too fast. The dual shield I run requires the C-25 to be at 55cfh. I would have to carry too many bottles around to weld all day. I may be forced to get the big boys once again if I have too much of it to do. That would bite.
                Don, I hear that, I have been thinking, right now I can still handle the 155CF tanks I have and if I get to where I can't I have a 34 year old son that can exchange the tanks for me ... Your certinly right about the 80's, they seem to last ok on the mig's but it dosen't take much tig work to drain it.
                Regards, George

Comment

Yup, I am finding that out about TIG...very gas hungry process. But fun.

If handling the bottles gets to be a problem, try seeing if they have a pick up service for you. Home drop offs are cool. When my shop gets finished, I may build a bottle rack for outside. My LWS truck has to drive by my shop twice a week. Would be cool to not have to go in sometimes.
                  Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                  '06 12RC feeder
                  Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                  Esab Multimaster 260
                  Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

(per DDA52)....."when my shop gets finished...when my shop gets finished..."
                    YEESH I WISH I HAD A SHOP! Working on my little gate project (yes, I took pics and what I thought should take 2 days (for most of you, 1 day), it's taken me 2 weeks off and on. Most fustrating was making the square jig.
                    anyway, happy at least I have something to play with in my dad's garage.
                    Sad, for a 25' by 25' space, they want $1,500/month...and that's cheap, 'cause it's in crack/ice city...
                    Hope you get your shop soon, like to see some pics of it
                    bert
                    I'm not late...
                    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Bert, here is a link to the whole build thread. It has taken me almost two years to get this far a little at a time. I am learning patience....or trying to.

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4917
                      Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                      '06 12RC feeder
                      Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                      Esab Multimaster 260
                      Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

DDA52,
                        yeah, but are you as old as I am? Glad you have the land to build on Can't wait to see more pics!!!
                        thanks,
                        bert
                        I'm not late...
                        I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Dang near....41 in a month. Feels more like 71, but that is to be expected with the miles I've put on me.

With my setbacks and such, I barely had enough room, but I managed. I just have to get it finished before I croak. Watch that thread. I update it frequently as I do things. My plan is to be dried in by the end of the month....again, IF it will stop raining long enough. I was going to get the walls complete on Saturday....now it is supposed to rain all weekend. This is part of what is making me old.
                          Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                          '06 12RC feeder
                          Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                          Esab Multimaster 260
                          Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Working...
                          X