Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what miller hemets are ya using?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool bike, i got one almost like it. although due to the atachment i made for it i dont think mine see's the kind of riding your dose. but its a sweet ride just the same.
    oh ya helmits
    mines a BWE and i love it, had it about 6 years now. inside outside dosent matter it works great.
    Attached Files

Comment

Now that I have had some time with my Elite I am happy I spent the money on it. Light weight, great visibility, very adjustable for different welding, indoors outdoors, mig, grinding etc...

And yes I am currently a hobby welder, I like to build cool $hit. Wish i had this helmet when I was a fabricator building fire engines.

Comment

Miller Elite

I, too, have a new Miller Elite (Inferno model). I like it, a lot. As someone else said, it's light and has a large viewing window.

I'm new to welding; I'm taking my second MIG class now (third welding class overall). I'm told (by my instructor) the Elite isn't really designed for MIG, but I've not had a problem.

Irish

Comment

I got the newer model BWE with the grind mode. It's worth the money.

Comment

i have the miller elite 27 roadster. i absolutely love it. light and fast, looks good too.

Comment

I'm told (by my instructor) the Elite isn't really designed for MIG, but I've not had a problem.

Irish

i wonder why he would think like that?? if its capable of seeing a TIG arc it can certainly see a MIG arc. untill about a year ago mine was MIG only for 5 or so years. inside and out. and i love it.

Comment

Miller Performance Series auto-darkening helmet. This is an awesome helmet!!

Comment

miller big window elite helmet

I recently purchased a miller inferno big window elite helmet. I used it in welding class and the low battery warning light came on after two days of use. I thought perhaps the original battery could have been weak but the next set of batteries also lasted two days before the low battery warning came on. The box the helmet came in said they should last about for 3,000 hours. I am getting only about 12 hours of constant use before the low battery warning comes on. It there a problem with my helmet?
                  thanks for your help in advance,
                  mike
                  mkotarba@hotmail.com

Comment

I have a Miller performance series. I've had it on my hear every day for just less than a year, and I love it. I've dropped it, and banged it around. so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by mikek3 View Post
                      I recently purchased a miller inferno big window elite helmet. I used it in welding class and the low battery warning light came on after two days of use. I thought perhaps the original battery could have been weak but the next set of batteries also lasted two days before the low battery warning came on. The box the helmet came in said they should last about for 3,000 hours. I am getting only about 12 hours of constant use before the low battery warning comes on. It there a problem with my helmet?
                      thanks for your help in advance,
                      mike
                      mkotarba@hotmail.com
                      Freind at school had the same problem, he just kept welding, the light kept flashing and as far as I know it is still running and flashing over a year later. If I had to guess I would say the low battery sensing device is malfunctioning.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.