Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

custom creeper

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom creeper

well got started on my creeper tonight, i have the frame welded up and wheels mounted (temporarily) tomarrow i hope to bend the diamond plate for the platform and make a headrest, when that's finished i will cut off the caster studs and call it done.

the first and second are an over all picture, third is the 3/4" ground clearance (and some welds) fourth is the wheel and mount i bent, and fifth is some more welds.
    please don't be too critical of the welds, my filler rods were trashed from living atop the welder un protected i wire brushed them all to hide the contamination.

this prompted another project for tonight....i made some PVC tube rod holders need to hit the LWS now and fill them up!
    Attached Files

nice work Tig.....can't wait to see the finished product.

marty

Comment

Hey Tigman,

that creeper is sweet. . . I like it
      nice welds to
      custom made is good

Great work !

---------------
      Richard

Comment

Nice work tigman! I look forward to seeing the pics of the completed project.

Comment

Oh Poo. Another project idea. Looks great and it's a neat project. Now if I had a little more ambition and a lot more time! LOL

Comment

well here it is with the platform on, i might make it narrower (<--is that even a word?) i think it is too wide right now it may catch too many sparks and funnel them to my back.....ouch!

i'm still trying to decide if i want to make the headrest so it tilts up or if i should just mount a cushon to the platform and be done with it. i think back and even when i do use a creeper with the tilt option i rarely use it.....but on the other hand i have a prety nice creeper so why not have all the trinkets let me know what you all think.
            Attached Files

Comment

Did you bend the diamond plate for stregth ? If its funneling sparks, maybe you could turn it upside down and notch the lips to fit around the caster legs. Looks nice though. I can't even remember if i've ever really used the head rest on one, but it probably wouldn't hurt to have an adjustable one.

Comment

Wow, looks good!
                I like the wheels. I never use a creeper that doesn't roll easily. I was working on the exhaust system of a car, while the back end was raised up with an air cyl bumper lift. It had a mechanical lock to hold its height, so we didn't use jack stands. I hear this scritch-screech noises (not very loud), look overhead/back at the bumper lift, and see it jerk back an inch, hesitate a moment, and then spit out from under the bumper! I was already grabbing a hold of the frame when I saw the first movement, and threw myself sideways toward the side of the car. I just cleared the edge of the car body when it came down. If I had been on the other creeper that didn't roll too well, I would have died that day. (obviously, this was back in the days when cars had real steel bumpers, and frames!)

Will

Comment

Dang Will,

I am glad you are here today to tell about the jack fall
                  really glad you did not get hurt or Killed . . wow

Richard

Comment

Tigman,

after seeing your creeper I went to wal-mart and saw that they have a creeper that has a head rest that will lay flat and then if you want it up you just lift up the head rest and it has a little piece of round rod that will come down and set in a pocket to suport the head rest. you will have to lift the rest and move the suport rod ( fold it under ) then it will lay down. the head rest is on a long hindge.
                    maybe with this you can have both.
                    I hope this helps

Richard

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.