Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice For New Welder Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I agree that the 175 class would work, if you want to build a trailer the 210 is a much better unit. If you want to do it once and be a one unit shop the 210 is the unit. It will do all of this work well.

    Comment


    • #17
      i would save up a bit longer and go for the MM210, when you start adding suspention mounts to trailor's that others will be loading you will want to be shoure you have it on solid. the $$ diference will be payed for with the first trailor you sell. if you start building snow mobile trailors and want aluminum in the mix later on add a spool gun and your good to go.
      every one is sue happy now days if i was building a trailor to sell i would not want to do it with a welder that is just getting by. the MM210 will still be around long after your 12 year old is gone and back again several times. its a rock solid welder well werth spending the extra $$ to jump up to another class of welder. the MM210 will do all you want and then some, add a TIG unit later for the fancy stuff when you have the time to play for a wile to get the hang of it.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

      Comment


      • #18
        I have a Hobart Handler 175 that I purchased new 6 years ago. I think I have pushed this machine to the limit, doing production runs of cattle gates and guards, welding a couple of race car chassis', and many other projects some to 3/8 thickness (multiple pass of course) Today the hobart welds about as good as when it was new. The millermatic 175 is like a brother or cousin to this machine with a couple more features:

        Dual feeder drive rolls
        infinetly adjustable heat control
        and of course . . . blue paint.

        I also have a syncrowave 180SD, but the handler gets the majority of the work. That being said, I would go over budget and get the 210. There is no reason to constantly push a machine to its limits. My next wire feed will be a 350P

        Comment


        • #19
          simple things like throwing a sheet over it to keep the extra dust and stuff out, and not pushing it to its limit all the time can keep the welder working like new for a very long time. going $350 over budjet for a welder you will be using for more that 10 years is not a bad thing.
          i have pushed mine on a few ocations but mostly try to stay well within its duty cycle, i'v poped the breaker on the wall once but never had my MM turn its self off. i keep it coverd and open her up and blow it out once a year and i'm happy to say she welds just a sweet today (5+ years later) as the day i got her.
          spend a lil bit more get a lot more welder and never look back. the MM210 will take real good care of you.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

          Comment


          • #20
            Decision Made ( I think ) LOL --- Thanks For The Advice

            Well unless something unusual happens between now and Friday I should be the new proud owner of the

            Millermatic 210
            Spoolgun 3035

            At least this is a package deal from a dealer in my state. Maryland.

            Now all I have to do is, buy some cable, install a breaker and run a line out to where I plan on using this. LOL

            At least if need be, I have a generator that can run this welder.

            In any case thanks for all the words of wit and wisdom!!!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Good deal ! I wish I could come up with the cash for one, oh well, some day. From every thing I've read hear for the least couple years, I think you will be really happy with you're choice.
              To all who contribute to this board.
              My sincere thanks , Pete.

              Pureox OA
              Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
              Miller Syncrowave 250
              Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by harcosparky View Post
                Well unless something unusual happens between now and Friday I should be the new proud owner of the

                Millermatic 210
                Spoolgun 3035

                At least this is a package deal from a dealer in my state. Maryland.

                Now all I have to do is, buy some cable, install a breaker and run a line out to where I plan on using this. LOL

                At least if need be, I have a generator that can run this welder.

                In any case thanks for all the words of wit and wisdom!!!!!
                Getting the combo is a wise choice. Saves quite a few $
                Dennis


                Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                Millermatic Challenger 172
                VictorO/A
                Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                Esab PCM-875
                Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

                Comment


                • #23
                  keep in mind you can also use the spool gun with standerd wire for steel, some like to kep a spool of.023 in the spool gun for thin stuff and a big rool of .35 in the main rool for big stuff. keeps you from having to switch out the spool so much and the 25' reach is nice for a quick fix as well. its a sweet package enjoy.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    WOOOOOHOOOOOOO It's MILLER TIME

                    First let me thank EVERYONE who gave me any advice .... even the advice I ignored! LOL ( none was ingored )

                    In any case, I just got home and checked the back of my van.

                    Inside is a brand spanking new MM210 / Spoolgun Package as well as several electrical connectors and some cable.

                    First to make the power cables to hook in to the generator and the house ....

                    Then to go find some metal to stick together!

                    I have no clue what I am gonna do with this thing, but I am sure it will be fun!

                    I will be here often, reading, learning and updating.

                    By the way the final decision to buy was made in a call to Miller. I made mention of considering a Lincoln Welder to the tech and he went on to tell me that a Lincoln would be a good choice as well. What cinched it for me was this guy made no attempt to bash Lincoln, not once did he start to say anything like " Well you know Miller is better because ... '

                    In my mind it indicates Miller is a classy operation.

                    hmmmm ..... maybe I will go out and weld my sons two bicycles together! hahah

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by harcosparky View Post
                      First let me thank EVERYONE who gave me any advice .... even the advice I ignored! LOL ( none was ingored )

                      In any case, I just got home and checked the back of my van.

                      Inside is a brand spanking new MM210 / Spoolgun Package as well as several electrical connectors and some cable.

                      First to make the power cables to hook in to the generator and the house ....

                      Then to go find some metal to stick together!

                      I have no clue what I am gonna do with this thing, but I am sure it will be fun!

                      I will be here often, reading, learning and updating.

                      By the way the final decision to buy was made in a call to Miller. I made mention of considering a Lincoln Welder to the tech and he went on to tell me that a Lincoln would be a good choice as well. What cinched it for me was this guy made no attempt to bash Lincoln, not once did he start to say anything like " Well you know Miller is better because ... '

                      In my mind it indicates Miller is a classy operation.

                      hmmmm ..... maybe I will go out and weld my sons two bicycles together! hahah

                      and customer suppourt is second to none.....if you ever need it that is. congrats on the new toys, if you ever have any questions regarding the 210s or the spoolguns operation we'll be here....now go weld something! weld your neighbors mailbox shut LOL
                      The one that dies with the most tools wins

                      If it's worth having, it's worth working for

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        congrats on the new toys, you will not regret it.
                        i like the mail box idea.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                        JAMES

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by harcosparky View Post
                          By the way the final decision to buy was made in a call to Miller. I made mention of considering a Lincoln Welder to the tech and he went on to tell me that a Lincoln would be a good choice as well. What cinched it for me was this guy made no attempt to bash Lincoln, not once did he start to say anything like " Well you know Miller is better because ... '

                          In my mind it indicates Miller is a classy operation.
                          I think youíll find Miller is 2nd to none in so many ways. Last October Miller opened the doors to 15 or 20 of us in their Chicago area training facility. They had 5 or 6 of their people there on a Saturday on their own time. We had free run of the place, got to run any machine we wanted. Engloid was in charge, but Millerís people were excellent support to him!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Harcosparky

                            Did you buy at B&R?
                            [B]Trail Blazer 302
                            Suitcase X-TREME 12VS
                            Syncrowave 180SD
                            Coolmate 4
                            Millermatic 175
                            Millermatic 251
                            HT Powermax 180
                            Victor O/A
                            DeWalt DW872 Chop Saw
                            Lathe
                            Milling Machine
                            Bandsaw
                            No matter how hard I try, I always hear about the other guy who can do it better, faster and cheaper. Sure would like to meet him someday but no one seems to be able to find him when I ask. [B]

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Pile Buck View Post
                              I think youíll find Miller is 2nd to none in so many ways. Last October Miller opened the doors to 15 or 20 of us in their Chicago area training facility. They had 5 or 6 of their people there on a Saturday on their own time. We had free run of the place, got to run any machine we wanted. Engloid was in charge, but Millerís people were excellent support to him!
                              i have never been more jealous of anyone in my life! you lucky dog!
                              The one that dies with the most tools wins

                              If it's worth having, it's worth working for

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                acx780 Yes BR Welder

                                Yeah I bought it at BR Welding Suppplies in Maryland

                                www.brwelder.com

                                Someone mentioned them to me, and I also found them on Ebay as well

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X