No announcement yet.

Welding rigs -- Details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually got the idea from something Precisionworks put together a while back, this is a little scaled-down version, but it's perfect for what I want it for. The welder was surplus, didn't need it since I got the Commanders, only has 1200 hours, so a hundred hours or so a year should be good for years to come. Everything else included on it is intended to avoid robbing tools from the big truck, then misplacing or forgetting to return them later, this is completely self-contained so it can go out without thinking about what I need to bring or making sure I replace things later.

Comment

• thats a good looking quick fixer there.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

• I'm starting to think PipelineDan has one of those "invisible trucks" like Portable Welder's . . .

JT, how about a picture of your BBQ????

Comment

• welding rig

I knew that if I didn't get a picture in that some one would think that the first thing I'm going to do Sunday is get that picture in
          so then you guy's can take a look. I would have like to have gotten my
          tool boxes done, when I started taken things apart I just couldn't stop
          but at least you wouldn't think I was full of ****. I'd like it if some other
          guys would send in there rigs as well so I'm not on the chopping block.
          What the **** let's make it a day for rig welders to post there pics. I've
          learned alot from looking at other guys rigs. Guys must like looking to cause
          you get alot of views when you post pics of rigs. I'll even leave the dirt on
          so then you will know that it has seen some X- country pipeline work. Maybe
          I'll get the wife to through on her wicked weasel (bikini) to pose I wouldn't hold my breath though.
          DODGE 1 TON 6.7
          PIPEPRO 304
          TO MANY TOOLS
          JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
          rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
          and easily upset
          go flames go

Comment

• oh shore you get the wife in her wicked weasel (bikini) to pose, and you will never get the pic's loaded you and the wife will end up playing all night. been there done that.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

• Originally posted by fun4now View Post
              oh shore you get the wife in her wicked weasel (bikini) to pose, and you will never get the pic's loaded you and the wife will end up playing all night. been there done that.
              All night?------------ ALL!

Comment

• welding rig

I'm sure you'll be fine with sending more pics. I will hopefully not bore people
                with my pictures and hopefully I can just have a normal thread with other
                welders and won't have to put up with ****. Like I said I'll try and to it first
                thing so you can have a look.
                DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                PIPEPRO 304
                TO MANY TOOLS
                JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                and easily upset
                go flames go

Comment

• I can see we are going to have to get some girls hanging on our trucks to get more views.

Comment

• girls on the rigs

I don't have alot of girls around me but its not a bad idea so I think you should start This could get to be fun
                    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                    PIPEPRO 304
                    TO MANY TOOLS
                    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                    and easily upset
                    go flames go

Comment

• 10 consecutive rounds

Originally posted by Coalsmoke View Post
                      I wonder if I could get my girl to do one of those truck pictures. 24, full of piss 'n vinegar, and can put 10 consecutive rounds though a golfball sized target at 100'
                      I guess you don't piss her off, she may make a heck of a welder with that
                      eye hand thing she has going on
                      DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                      PIPEPRO 304
                      TO MANY TOOLS
                      JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                      and easily upset
                      go flames go

Comment

• I will see if I can get her to wax the truck next.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Coalsmoke
                          thats a really cool pic.
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          JAMES

Comment

• Alberta welding rig

It was a little overcast today so they are not as shiney as I would have liked
                            but none the less I got 'er done. I didn't get the driver side tool box pic cause It's not done inside yet but I did get one of the tool boxes opened up to show you what kind of storage space I have when I need it. When I have
                            to I can load 10 pipe stands, 24" wheel for fab'in, 10x10 fab tent(folds up)
                            12RC, rod oven, rod, fab table, BBQ, vices, outdoor speakers and all kinds of
                            hand tools. I do have an arm that holds my grinders and remote, that clamps on my work table for pipeline work on the inside I have a dvd and small
                            microwave to make popcorn and cold pop so I have the comforts of home when I'am on the road Sorry as of yet no wicked weasel but I am trying.
                            DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                            PIPEPRO 304
                            TO MANY TOOLS
                            JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                            and easily upset
                            go flames go

Comment

• Alberta welding rig

here are the rest
                              DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                              PIPEPRO 304
                              TO MANY TOOLS
                              JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                              and easily upset
                              go flames go

Comment

• nice looking rig pipline dan.You runing propane for your torches? How did you make that work bench maybe acouple of close ups of how you did the hinge,does it lock into place when you put it up right?

Comment

Working...
                                X