Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wire feed question,MillerMatic 250 X Mig welder.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wire feed question,MillerMatic 250 X Mig welder.

I was trying out my machine,and when I turned the knob clockwise the wire seemed to slow down a bit.I turned it more clockwise ,and it slowed down seemed to drip onto metal.I thought clockwise ,higher the number, the faster the wire would feed.Is some thing backwards here?

Sure is. Sounds like the leads from the wire speed pot are reversed. A clockwise adjustment should increase the speed, as you expected.

I'd give tech support a call, but if you open 'er up and swap the wires from the ends (center tap [wiper] is probably OK) it should do like it should do!

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

250x

Nothing like them 250X's *LOL*
      Let us know how things come out for you . As Hank said call Miller.
      Good luck, Farris
      Gone But Never Forgotten!

Comment

Farris
        you realy gota replace that 250 of yours, it just makes me feel bad for ya every time you post.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

*lol*

Originally posted by fun4now
          Farris
          you realy gota replace that 250 of yours, it just makes me feel bad for ya every time you post.
          Thanks for your concern! It could be worse..I started out with a chicago electric from HF *LOL*
          Havea great week, Farris
          Gone But Never Forgotten!

Comment

Man Are they that bad?

Comment

Did Miller ever offer any upgrades for the 250X ? I would love to get a 251 but it all comes down to funds. Probably would not get that much on a sale of my 250X to make it attractive.

Paul

Comment

my 250x also

MY 250X has a attiude of its own some days also there is no real sweet spot that is consistant day to day.
                BB402D
                TB300D
                DIMENSION652
                MM250X
                MAXSTAR140
                S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
                HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

I really like Miller Products, but the 250X is a strange machine, not one of their best achivements.

Paul

Comment

Did Miller ever offer any upgrades for the 250X ?

you should start a new thread with that ? and see if the miller guys will jump in and answer, that or give them a call directly. i don't remember it ever being asked he before (last 3ish years) but i do take a lot of pain pills and could have missed it.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

Working...
                    X