covers for MY welders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• covers for MY welders

well i finally got covers made for all my welders. took me long enough but they are all safe and purity now.
    now i gotta start on some carts for them, the welding shop is getting a lil crowded now too many grounding cords connected to the table, just too many welders. wait no no thats not what i meant. i just need more space, yaaaaa thats it.
    running out of good scrap I'm going to have to actually buy some materials to build then all nice lil carts that will all line up side by side in the next room and just wheel them in as needed and back out when I'm done. that should work for a wile any way. until i get power into the big shop. that will mean I'll have to move the welding table, not to shore i want to do that... .. might just have to find a better solution, maybe knock out a wall or too and do a lil reorganizing. that just might work. with any luck my neighbor is going to hire me to supervise the construction of a deck around his pool in the next few days that will cover material expenses. I'll be shore to share the new carts with you all when i get them finished, i am hoping for aluminum construction but will just have to see what i can afford or find.
    Attached Files
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Originally posted by fun4now
    well i finally got covers made for all my welders. took me long enough but they are all safe and purity now.
    now i gotta start on some carts for them, the welding shop is getting a lil crowded now too many grounding cords connected to the table, just too many welders. wait no no thats not what i meant. i just need more space, yaaaaa thats it.
    running out of good scrap I'm going to have to actually buy some materials to build then all nice lil carts that will all line up side by side in the next room and just wheel them in as needed and back out when I'm done. that should work for a wile any way. until i get power into the big shop. that will mean I'll have to move the welding table, not to shore i want to do that... .. might just have to find a better solution, maybe knock out a wall or too and do a lil reorganizing. that just might work. with any luck my neighbor is going to hire me to supervise the construction of a deck around his pool in the next few days that will cover material expenses. I'll be shore to share the new carts with you all when i get them finished, i am hoping for aluminum construction but will just have to see what i can afford or find.
    im still lovin those covers are they slip on or use velcro.?

Dave

Comment

i use a snap. just don't like velcro too much in the shop. it just seems to start collecting stuff and before ya know it you got some funky almost sticky thing that wont hold. the snaps seem the best option and with the large back flap behind them you really don't even need to snap it if you don't want to. i really like them, they are easy to use and I'm just as layzeee as any so that was considered when making them.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

They look pretty nice james. As for the carts, maybe you could just add wheels to you're milk crates. (third picture)
        If I ever get sick and tired of useing an old bed sheet to cover mine I'll give you a call. Just can't aford luxury items right now.
        To all who contribute to this board.
        My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
        Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
        Miller Syncrowave 250
        Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

hey dont go knocking my milk crat that there is a custom job, i added a plywood top to it to get good solid footing for the MM.
          as for the wheels for it still would need a tank holder, its straped to the wall around the corner wright now. but its getting the job done just a lil to cluterd.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          JAMES

Comment

Add a tank holder by strapping another milk crate to the one you got. Just mount it open end up & your all set once you put wheels on it. hahaha---MMW---
            MM250
            Trailblazer 250g
            22a feeder
            Lincoln ac/dc 225
            Victor O/A
            MM200 black face
            Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
            Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
            Arco roto-phase model M
            Vectrax 7x12 band saw
            Miller spectrum 875
            30a spoolgun w/wc-24
            Syncrowave 250
            RCCS-14

Comment

Custom Carts

Hi there - I specialize in building customized running gear for welders and other machinery. E-mail me and maybe I can give you some ideas for your own. I love to trade and pass along information. I can even send you some pics of carts I made for myself. Tried to attach them here, but my pics must be too big!
              Steve
              Quality Welding & Fabrication, LLC
              • Miller SCP 200 C & S54A Feeder
              • Trailblazer 302G
              • Syncrowave 250
              • 251D HF Unit
              • S32 P12 Suitcase
              • Maxstar 150 STH
              • Spectrum 2050

Comment

Hey James,
                How about ya make me up a cover for my 210. It doesn't get used as often as the rest of my gear so it would be nice to keep it clean.
                Let me know what ya need.
                (518) 225-0552 or hilltop1"at"citlink.net
                5 Passport Pluses
                2 MM 212's
                MM 210
                MM 251 MIA
                MM 350 P w/Python
                Syncrowave 250
                w/ tig runner
                Trailblazer 302
                12RC w/meters
                Spectrum 1000
                Spectrum 2050
                2 Black BWEs
                Joker BWE
                Star & stripe BWE Digital
                2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
                CUMMINS BABY

Comment

no problem..... ..first you have to send me the MM210...... ...oh ya and i will need some time with it to inshure it is cover werthy.......shouldnt take more than about 1 or 2 years.

no problem, i shot you an e-mail.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  JAMES

Comment

i did not get a responce from you did you get my e-mail ??

cool new addition to the covers guys, they are flame frtardent now, and blue, ya gota love it.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    JAMES

Comment

just got the e-mail from ya. timing is every thing i guess.

you are going to love the cover, post us some pic's when you get it.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

SMAW4U
                        i try-ed to e-mail you it would not let me.
                        if you are using mic.wind XP you can download a free re-sizer from Microsoft.com go to power toys and look for the re-sizer. it works great, a lot here and on the other boards i frequent use it. i have been using it for a long time now and love it. its the only thing about XP i like or have not had any trouble with. its simple and can do as many pic at a time as you want. post up the TIG carts pic here for us all to enjoy or you can send them directly to me and I'll post them for you.i hope the offer is still good i just been busy.
                        and welcome to the board. a lot of great people here, this is by far my favorite site.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

Bulldog

i almost finished you MM210 cover cut out today. got dragged out on the bobcat cover. that one killed me but it shore looks great. check it out. i wish i had a bobcat i could put it on to take some pic's. i will be mailing it out on monday with any luck he will like it enough to post some pic's when he gets it. i am real happy with how it came out.
                          Attached Files
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          JAMES

Comment

Bulldog

your 210 cover is done. i'll test fit it and mark it for snaps tomarow. should go out tuesday if the check gets here monday wile i'm out. i'll post ya some pic's tomarow night.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now
                              i almost finished you MM210 cover cut out today. got dragged out on the bobcat cover. that one killed me but it shore looks great. check it out. i wish i had a bobcat i could put it on to take some pic's. i will be mailing it out on monday with any luck he will like it enough to post some pic's when he gets it. i am real happy with how it came out.
                              on the bobcat cover did you do anything special for the exhaust pocket? my miller cover's got some kind of high heat material under the canvas-ish material.
                              Bobcat 225NT
                              Cutmaster 52
                              Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
                              Caterpillar TH63
                              '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Working...
                              X