No announcement yet.

headlight project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bulldog, no hurry on the clamps, I'm slow as molassas in january any more now a days. Besides, I have a workable wooden prototype that I can use to work on the lay out with.
    Attached Files
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Originally posted by JD in Socal View Post
      Here are some candle holders I made for the spousal unit.

JD
      Pretty cool. I could put a mason jar over one of those and use it for a headlight.

Pureox OA
      Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Originally posted by burninbriar View Post
        Pretty cool. I could put a mason jar over one of those and use it for a headlight.
        Oops, wrong thread.

Sorry about that.

JD

Comment

Originally posted by JD in Socal View Post
          Oops, wrong thread.

Sorry about that.

JD
          No problem, you should have left it there, it adds some variety to my dribble.

Pureox OA
          Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Here's some pics of a wooden prototype of the project to give an idea of what I'm doing. I don't weigh very much and when I go on a long tripp I have to load the front end down or else it gets real squirly. The problem with that is my gear tends to cover the head light and when I get off in the national forrest on rough road the bunge cords come loose becouse every thing is on the fender and it bounses up and down with the wheel. To fix this, I'm mounting the fender to the trees and makeing the head light so it can be mooved forward to clear my gear. Every thing looks petty rough right now but it will clean up by the time I'm done.
            The first pic is how I will probably mount the turn signals, the rest are pretty self explanatory.
            Attached Files

Pureox OA
            Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

The first pic is the head light adjuster.
              The next two are the braces that clamp to the fork tube and how the wooden peices will be welded to the tree cover I made earlier. Welded on after I make them out of steel of course.
              The 4th pic I taped a peice of paper where there will be small bags for my cold weather hat and gloves. They will also hide the fact that the fender sits so high above the wheel to make room for the fork travel.
              The last pic is for Jd in Socal , with his avatar, I thought he would get a kick out of my tank.
              Attached Files

Pureox OA
              Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Last night I got a call from the guy makeing my retainer and I went and picked it up. It took a while, but he did a nice job and the price was right, I bought him a case of beer any way. After shooting the brease for a while as he was finishing up some other stuff he was working on, he gave me a deburing tool. I really needed one too, I have been useing a file but they are not as nice.
                After every thing is done I will do some decorative shapeing on the retainer, and there will be acorn nuts on the studs.
                Attached Files

Pureox OA
                Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

What kind of decorative shaping are you planning on? Just curious. Looks great.
                  Joe
                  wrench3047@gmail.com

Comment

Just something to break up the hard square edge, maybe a rope pattern or just a series of semicircular cutouts from the edge. I'll make a wooden one first regardless of the pattern I choose just to see how it looks.
                    Thanks for looking at my project, and for the compliment. I'll probably post a pic of my wood peice before I cut it.

Pureox OA
                    Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Working...
                    X