Gary's Welding Trailer Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garybdavis View Post
    I hope I haven't led anyone astray, but I'm what you guys would call a hobby welder. I do a lot of fence work around the farm and that's what I built this rig for. I know I couldn't justify the expense, but nice tools and equipment is my one vice. If I were making a living, I'd probably get a dedicated truck and outfit it.

This leads to question. How many welders that make their living from it use a trailer set up verses a truck rig?
    I like the trailer idea way better however if you ever drop your trailer in town you should have a trailer wheel boot so nobody can hookup and take off.
    there is no such thing as I will only be a few minutes my stuff should be okay
    I'm only getting a coffee.

Comment

Trailer plans

Gary I tryed to e-mail you about your plans. But your Email address is no good. You did a really great gob with your trailer and would love to get a copy of your plans. Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Comment

Give me your email address and I'll get them sent to you.
        Millermatic 35
        Miller TB302G
        Ellis 1800
        Smith & Victor Torches
        Optrel Satellite
        Arcair K4000
        Ingersoll-Rand 175CFM Diesel Air Compressor
        Home Made Welding Trailer

Comment

Plans

Gary,

Absolutely love the trailer. I am looking to build something similar for my AEAD 200 LE. I will email for the plans.

Thanks,

Jason
          Millermatic 210
          Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
          Miller AEAD 200 LE

Comment

trailer plans

e-mail to jamilone@alltel.net

Thanks

Comment

Hello Gary beautiful trailer.if you dont mind ,i'd as well like check out those plans. Thank you continentaldrifter@bresnan.net

Comment

Hello Gary,

If you get a chance, I would like a copy of your plans please. Thank You.

bdkruger@rochester.rr.com
                "smokin' joints for 19 yrs."

A.A.S. Weld Tech.

AWS CWI 08011711

Comment

Trailer Plans

Good Morning Gary

I would also like a copy of your trailer plans. You do very professional work.

thank you for your time.

Brian

Briansok76@yahoo.com
                  Brian Sokolowski
                  Hobby Weldor
                  Lincoln PM200
                  Miller Syncrowave 250 Tig Runner
                  Miller Trailblazer 302 running on LP
                  Miller Maxstar 200

Comment

One of the nicest trailers I have ever seen...and built by a hobby guy to boot!!!! WOW!!!! If you have time would you please send me a copy of your plans.

Thanks in advance,
                    Nick

kiwitoto@comcast.net

Comment

Another request for plans

I receintly signed up to receive the news letters, and found your article and pictures in one of the back issues. You do nice work.

Some time ago, I mentioned to my wife that I would like to have an engine driven welder so that I could help out a couple of land-owners that have been kind enough to allow me to hunt on their property for a number of years.

I must be doing something right, because about a week ago, Santa Claus brought me a brand shiny new Trailblazer 302.

If you are not sick of requests for plans, please add me to the list of those who would like to copy your design. "Immitation is the most sincere form of flattery."

Thank you,

Doug Rude

Comment

Nice

Gary, That is so sweet! Looks great.

Comment

I really like it man... but I gotta tell ya... you made the same mistake I did. You put your oxy acy bottles on it. Its a 500 dollar fine in MD. And de. And they can also shut you down right on the spot. I dunno the laws where your at but I would imagine their the same....?

To get by at all, even on a truck your straps have to be DOT approved. Or at least look like the ones that are DOT approved. I would bet that if a DOT man passed you goin down the highway he would stop you. It happened to me just cause I had em on the trailer. I made my own straps and he didn't even notice that
                          Last edited by weldonwelding; 04-01-2013, 04:50 AM.

Comment

7 Yr Old Thread
                            Miller Trailblazer's ( 2 )...MillerBobcat 250...Millermatic 251's ( 2 )...Miller Syncrowave 200...Miller Syncrowave 180SD...Miller 12VS Suitcases ( 2 )... Hobart Hefty CC/CV Suitcases ( 2 )...Miller 30A Spool Guns ( 2 )...Miller WC 15A Control boxes ( 2 )...Thermo Dynamics Cutmaster 50 Plasma Cutters ( 2 )...Thermo Arc Hi Freq Units ( 2 )...Smith / Victor O/A Sets...DeWalt Power Tools...Craftsman / Snap On Hand Tools... Two Dodge Mobile Rigs

Comment

Lol... never paid any attention to it.

Comment

trailer project

Originally posted by garybdavis View Post
                                Give me your email address and I'll get them sent to you.
                                Gary.good job on the trailer, I just finish looking at the pictures and if you don't mind can you e mail me the plans of the trailer I am going to attempt to make one for my welding machine is a miller legend nt tank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X