Thumbs up to my local gas welding store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbs up to my local gas welding store

I normally would not make a post like this, but after the service I got today I have to.

Went into to get some filler rod and the guy I know was working. Besides giving me more filler rod then I asked for, for a great price.

We also talked about my gas regulator problem (that some of you might remember) . He said it was normal, we also got into talking about how when you learn to weld (this case tig ) its not cheap, specially when you are practicing and not making money off of it. He told me to come with the bottle once its empty, and he would give me a great discount on gas so I can mess around with the welder.

Then to top it off, we got into glass lenses, and he came back with a big esab catalog that sales reps get, he gave it to me as a guide to help me pick out gas lenses and cups.

The store is Mitler in Chicago ridge, and I recommend going there when a guy named Adam is working.
    http://www.rcautoworks.com

That's where I go - best deal on gas in the area, and very nice people to work with. I got my tank there, and will definitely get other stuff through them also. Very pleased!
    --Bob
    miller 210, w/spoolgn,.030 solid-core with 120cf C25 gas. Grinders, hf bender. speedgls 9002x helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by bob_s2
      That's where I go - best deal on gas in the area, and very nice people to work with. I got my tank there, and will definitely get other stuff through them also. Very pleased!
      --Bob
      I only like to go there when the guy that knows me is working.

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcrx
        I only like to go there when the guy that knows me is working.
        Keep going in, mention that "Joe" usually takes care of you. Soon they will all know you.

Comment

I'm with Cope.

Yak it up. "Where's Adam? That guy on vacation again?" Stuff like that. Be friendly. Don't BS. Pretty soon, guys are sayin' "Hey, Bob! Where ya been?"

It works.

Hank
          ...from the Gadget Garage
          Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
          Handler 210 w/DP3035
          TA185TSW
          Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

The guy knows that treating you right now will pay dividends in the long future of your welding career, because you'll use him for all your consumable purchases and gas and tell your friends. Which you have by the way.

Good job,

Comment

--Bob
              **** Bob. you drive all this way just to get gas . nothing out there by you ? that mittler place is real close to me.

Comment

Yep, be nice to them. **** near all the sales people know me by name and I don't pay what they have stuff marked at.
                Syncrowave 250DX
                Invison 354MP
                XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
                Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
                Smith O/A rig
                And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

As well as I can remember, I have been treated well at all the local suppliers I have used over the past 35 years. I have either gotten a salesman who was a weldor himself, or just got a friendly salesman.

Comment

Good to hear some positive stuff about us local distributors, I am a one man shop so I get to know my customers very good most by first name basis and I treat them as I would want to be treated and serviced and they keep coming back

Comment

Speaking of distributors, whatever happened to Scott? he went by something else, but I remember he was a dealer.

Comment

Just curious, anyone around here go to the praxair in alsip ? Just wondering how much they charge to fill up a 150cf bottle.

Comment

Yup. It's actually not that bad, because my inlaws live in palos. I like the place, and I'd definitely give them a chance to sell me a mm210 when the time comes hopefully sometime late in 2006. I need to start bringing in some cash though with the present welder to justify it. Dunno exactly how yet, but it'll come to me.
                          --Bob
                          miller 210, w/spoolgn,.030 solid-core with 120cf C25 gas. Grinders, hf bender. speedgls 9002x helmet.

Comment

Yup. It's actually not that bad, because my inlaws live in palos. I like the place, and I'd definitely give them a chance to sell me a mm210 when the time comes hopefully sometime late in 2006. I need to start bringing in some cash though with the present welder to justify it. Dunno exactly how yet, but it'll come to me.
                            --Bob
                            Don't settle on the first price they give you.

Comment

Nope, they'd have to be very close to the IOC price to get my business. It's all academic right now anyway because I don't have the cash. But I sure know what I'd do with it if/when I get the money!

Comment

Working...
                              X