Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasmacam projects pictures

OK Bob,
    I think I have the uploading figured out now.
    So here are a few of my Plasmacam projects.
    I will take some of my Dynasty welds soon and post them so we can all get a good laugh...
    sstec
    Attached Files

AWSOME...... nice work, plascam does nice work show more as you do them,Ive had a couple of my customers at times bring in some of there work for display in my welding supply store

Comment

two questions ...
      whats a plasmacam?

what thickness and metal are you using there?

nice work by the way
      MM210 w/3035
      Next up - Sync 200

Comment

2 questions

SoCaTA,
        A Plasmacam is a cnc table that I have my miller 2050 and some times my 375, hooked upto and it will cut out parts and piecses.
        www.plasmacam.com
        Don't believe the videos they show on converting images to cut paths, very simple images in high resolution are easy , but the more detail the harder it gets. You need several different software apps to convert.
        Thickness.....
        The Buffalo is made with 1/2" HRS plate for the base, 3/16" HRS for the legs and body and 10 ga CRS for the head. He weighed in at little over 900 lbs.

The elk is made with 1/4" HRS plate for the base and 10 ga CRS for the rest.
        He weighed in at 275 lbs

Pheasant and Ram are 10 ga. CRS
        sstec

Comment

No kidding ... that is pretty cool ....

here I am thinking .. man that guy has one steady hand

Are those things expensive?
          MM210 w/3035
          Next up - Sync 200

Comment

cost.........

YEP.........
            By the time you get the table, plasma cutter, computer, drier, dust collection, additional software and all the other stuff you will be about 15 k lighter.......
            Got to sell at lot of stuff to cover your cost......
            sstec

Comment

Thanks for the pictures! Very Nice Work!

It's nice to see what the metal artists can come up with using the plasmacam type setup. The indian head that you posted in the other thread is super nice. Great details.
              Bob Sigmon
              A/O Setup with Meco Midget
              Miller Big Window Elite
              Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

Don't believe the videos they show on converting images to cut paths, very simple images in high resolution are easy , but the more detail the harder it gets. You need several different software apps to convert.

I see where the most learning is in those pictures.
                It's not the cutting or software but the flame coloring.
                Very nice stuff !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott V

I see where the most learning is in those pictures.
                  It's not the cutting or software but the flame coloring.
                  Very nice stuff !!!!
                  Can you go into a little detail what other software you need. Do you have a website with a write up on what you did ? I have the video of plasma cam and they do not show you much of the rendering the cut paths. Will photoshop help ? Someday I want to get a plasma cam.
                  Thanks

T.J.
                  www.tjsperformance.com
                  Miller Dynasty 300DX
                  HTP MIG 240
                  HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
                  South Bend Lathe
                  Etc. Etc....
                  tjsperformance.com

Comment

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Corel-...yguid=82702294
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheetcam/?yguid=82702294
                    http://www.algolab.com/products.htm
                    http://www.adobe.com/products/streamline/
                    http://www.artofcnc.ca/

Tom Caudle is about the best for info on Corel with plasma, if you post a question.
                    http://www.fourhillsdesigns.com/

He builds his own THC and it is about the best deal around when added to sheetcam, Mach two.

Comment

can be done by hand

the plasma cam is verry sweet , as are the desines you have made.
                      TJS
                      keep in mind that your first thought is doable. a stedy hand and a bit of file work to clean up any bad edjes. and you can cut out almost any thing with just the plasma cutter. (see atached pic's) it is verry satisfying doing it by hand, as well as fun but hard to sell them for what your time is werth so you have to try to sell them for what you think it will sell for and just forget how much time was involved. his phesent would most likely take me all day to do by hand. probly took him 10 minuits

1.tail gate i made for my truck
                      2.close up of the POW*MIA on the gate
                      3.a flag holder and under the mail box version
                      4.all the POW stuff i make

however ther is a great deal of time eaten up in the process of making them i was working on getting enough made up to take them to the flea market to sell, as i tryed e-bay and there is just too much stuff on there i listed it in 2 diferent catagories with pic's for 7 days and like 6 people looked at it $7.00 waisted. Oh well i'll get back to them after the shop is finished
                      Attached Files
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                      JAMES

Comment

T.j.

T.J.
                        As the video shows........
                        Some images do convert faily easy.
                        But if everything were that easy, everybody would be doing it.
                        Black and white bitmaps at 600 + dpi is the low end.
                        Vector drawings are better, i.e. Correl, Photoshop, CAD.
                        Sometimes it is easier to just draw it in Pcamís software.
                        I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Correl, Zoner5, CAD, Desk engrave and Vex tractor.
                        With those 7 plus Plasma camís software I can draw and or convert just about anything.
                        I have spent up to 80 hours (in the beginning) converting an artistís drawing. Now with time severed I could turn the same drawing in 4-5 hours.
                        I can do simple parts, brackets and so on pretty quick, if someone has them in CAD, then they will convert easily.
                        On Ebay there are alot of people trying to sell "their" files..........Most of them are junk.
                        Your files of cut paths are what hold the most value.

Fun4Now
                        The Pheasant is 27Ē long and has 169 pierces points and 640.69Ē of cutting.
                        Running my 2050 at 35 amps, and a cut speed of 100ipm and a .2 second delay at pierces you are pretty close at the 10 minute mark.
                        It took me about 6 hours to draw the first one then a couple sample cuts, adjustment and now I'm happy with what it is.

Hope this helps you guys out.
                        If anybody wants to know more before they jump into it........ask away, I'm willing to share what I've learned.

Also I do know of a current Plasmacam owner, I believe in FA who wants to sell his 1.5 year old table.
                        sstec

Comment

T.J. a link to sight

T.J.

here is a link to a fellow Plasmacamer's sight where he goes into GREAT length about what it takes..........

http://www.bigriverforge.com/plasma.htm#My%20Story

Very detailed, and a little windy.
                          sstec

Comment

sstec,

I have had my plasma cam system for a couple years now and mostly only make brackets and items for race car fabrication. (simple stuff) I built a down draft system for my unit with a cold air supply duct overhead. Do you duct any of your plasma out? I found it makes a lot cleaner shop and can still have other stuff going on in the shop while cutting and it doesn't bother anyone. I had to add the cold air duct caue in the winter months, the exhaust system would suck all the heat out of the shop in 6 minutes! Haven't tried any art stuff yet. Do you find a good customer base in that area?

Andy

Comment

Dusty, dirty, smokey....

Andy,
                              Thatís the first thing I think any Plasmacam owner finds outÖ.how to deal with the dust and smoke.
                              I have the same type of issue but Iím in AZ so I have the heat to deal with.
                              I built a collection system right away as well, down draft and ducted outside. Iím moving approx. 1400 SCFM out and use an evap cooler to help with the make up air, but it does raise the humidity in the shop that is a down side. It was 110 in my shop yesterday afternoon and 65% humidity after cutting for about 4 hours.
                              This time of year I donít do as much with it, if I can help it but never seems to slow down when the temp goes up.
                              My customer base has grown pretty steady, I did have a web site going for a couple of years but found most inquiries did not lead to many sales for time spent. Now itís mainly repeat business and word of mouth.
                              I too make ďpartsĒ for sand rails and 4X4 shops, also boiler shops and pipe fitters.
                              I think any one who is willing to put a good effort forward should be able to at least pay for their habit (tool collecting) in a few years.
                              Which plasma cutter are you running on your table?
                              I see on your site you have the 375 and 2050 listed. I ran mine with my 375 for almost 2 years before I upgraded to the 2050.
                              They both have their advantages on the table IMO.
                              Have you received your program upgrades (2.11) from Pcam?
                              sstec

Comment

Working...
                              X