Miller 211,215 or Lincoln 210mp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 211,215 or Lincoln 210mp

I am new here and fairly new to welding. I have been around it a long time and have done it here and there but never for a career. Anyways I recently sold my Lincoln 140 and I am looking to upgrade but am stuck on these 3 machines. Right now I am leaning towards the mm215 as it has everything I want but I would like to get some opinions from people who have used or have these machines. I am DIY with the occasional helping a friend out etc. I would like to weld stainless and aluminum without issue so the mm 215, and the lincoln seems to be my top choice. Are there any issues with either that are a major concern? Thanks you everyone for any input. John

So it sounds like you want the multi process machine, that leaves the 211 out. I haven't used either of these, but have seen a lot of positive reviews of the Lincoln 210.
    Haven't heard much about the Miller 215
    Richard

Comment

Looks like I'm going to go with the 215.

Comment

Miller multimatic 200 would be my choice if I ever needed to go that route

Comment

I have heard nice things about that, but I'm trying to stay under $1500. So the 215 fits the bill good and from all the reviews seems to be a nice machine

Comment

Don't rule out the more budget friendly Hobart handler 210mvp. It will support a spool gun for aluminum as well. A very under rated machine.

Comment

I have looked at the Hobart a few times but ultimately wanted the tig option as well. I ordered a 215 and get to pick it up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by pat h View Post
                Miller multimatic 200 would be my choice if I ever needed to go that route
                The mm200 only offers a more robust case for protection during transport. If you are not hauling the 215 all over the place then the 215 is an excellent choice.

Ed Conley
                http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                MM252
                MM211
                Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                TA185
                Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                O/A set
                SO 2020 Bender
                You can call me Bacchus

Comment

You wanna carry a egg around or a coconut the 200 just seems like a solid machine,the 215 probably be fine for you, the 200 is in a class by itself as far as a light duty mobile machine goes they got it right

Comment

Multimatic 200 is an awesome machine. If the 215 works just as well it's also awesome. The 210MP is a joke in my first hand opinion. I was very unimpressed if you plan on doing ANYTHING other than squirting steel wire from it.
                    Ryan
                    MILLERMATIC 350P w/Bernard BTB300 w/XR-A Python 25'
                    MULTIMATIC 200 w/Spoolmate 100 w/TIG w/Wireless pedal
                    SPECTRUM 375 X-Treme
                    (2) DIGITAL ELITE helmets
                    Weld-Mask goggles/hood
                    OPTREL e684 helmet
                    SMITH torches
                    HARRIS torches

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post

The mm200 only offers a more robust case for protection during transport. If you are not hauling the 215 all over the place then the 215 is an excellent choice.

It likely won't leave my garage except for maybe once a year if that. The mm200 is nice but to much $ for what I need and the case is overkill definitely. If I did Mobil welding it would definitely be my top choice

Comment

I thought the 210 lincoln was real nice on mig and tig, a smooth machine, almost as smooth as my sth 150 on tig , the mm 200 should have the best of both worlds although only lift arc in a nice package, on stick I would give the lincoln the nod

Comment

I own a 215. I've used it in MIG and TIG mode so far. With C25 shielding gas, the unit produces a very consistent crisp style arc. To me, in manual mode, the MIG arc is real good, and easy to get dialed in to were it is relatively clean running with a low spatter level. The best MIG arc I've seen out of the unit has been with a Hobart Brothers .030 HB-28 wire and C25. I will point out I am not impressed with the performance of the MIG Auto-Set parameters. There was a recent update/upgrade to the 1/8" .030 C25 Auto-set parameters. My machine doesn't have them. Based on the settings that I am running my unit in on manual mode, this new 1/8" .030 C25 Auto-set range should produce very good result on 1/8".

For TIG, I have the unit set up with a CK series 9 flex neck or swivel head torch. My foot pedal is an SSC Controls that I purchased from HTP. Here's my opinion of the TIG performance. The Lift-Arc start is excellent. The arc itself is very good to excellent. Puddle control with the foot pedal is very good to excellent. The feather out at the end of a weld with the foot pedal is very good. Overall the TIG performance is real good too.

For less money, the Multimatic 215 gives you more power and duty cycle then the Multimatic 200.

Comment

Picked up the mm215 today and wow it is a very nice machine, I can't believe I didn't buy one earlier. Ordered the northern tool clutch cart, and got some extra consumables as well. Also picked up a Lincoln Viking helmet he gave me a deal on.

Comment

I've heard good things about that helmet. A welding cart is a good project for practice. Return it and build your own.

Comment

Working...
                              X