Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 200

Hi
    I am new here. I was given a millermatic 200 that has a few problems.. Does anyone know where I can download a service manual for this unit?

If you don't have an owners manual, you can download one here. Service manuals, I believe, are only available to Miller certified welding techs, though you can sometimes find them on ebay. Post the issues you are having. I'm sure some folks here may be able to help. You have a great machine, too.

Comment

Well I don't have it home yet. I will get it the first of the weak. It has been in storage for over 10 years. I took the cover off and blew all of the dust out. Plugged it in and the wire feeder isn't working. And I could only push wire half way through the gun. I know the gun will need a new liner. I will have to get the wire feeder working to check the rest out.

Comment

There were a number of variations of MM200. Is yours white or black face? Check the wire feed motor for 2-wire or 4-wire.

Comment

Check the trigger wires also...Bob
          Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Once you have it home and the unit SN, PM me an email address and I can send you some information.
            MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
            Syncrowave 180 SD
            Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
            *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
            *HF-251D-1
            *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
            PakMaster 100XL
            Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
            http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

O k it is a black face. And the SN starts with JE. I will have more info Tuesday when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
                Once you have it home and the unit SN, PM me an email address and I can send you some information.
                You have a PM I appreciate any info you have. I have downloaded the manual but it isn't much help for trouble shooting.

Thanks Marty

Comment

Here it is. Born in 1984

Comment

You have a true gem there if you can get it working. I also have some repair info--send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post

Thanks. That should help.
                      I just got it home will dig into it this weekend.

Comment

Is it ok to unplug the positive lead at the bottom while trouble shooting the wire feeder? And will doing so make the gun not hot?

Hear is a pick of the front.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180108_204122.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	587926

Comment

Well I got a chance to look at the welder today. I rotated the speed control knob a few times and tried again and the wire feeder is working now. I didn't think to try that when I looked at it at work. Good thing I probably would not have gotten it for free If it worked. This thing has been in storage for at least 15 years.
                          Last edited by kd4gij; 01-10-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Great news...Bob
                            Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Looks just like the one I used when I was a factory mechanic. If I didn't already have my MM185, I woulda bought that one when they got a new machine. Hope you get it running good again.

Comment

Working...
                              X