4 1/2" Angle Grinder Holder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 1/2" Angle Grinder Holder

I wanted to design a holder for all my angle grinders. I can't stand to see them lying on their wheels. This holder can be mounted on the ceiling or as I chose, my roll around weld table. Harbor Freight has a sale next week on them for $9.00. Priced to throw away!!

I started out using 5/16 x .035 wall SS tubing. Light weight but the thin wall SS just wipped me good!!! Still need more practice.

Changed over to 1/4 steel rod and I'm off to the races.

jim
    Attached Files

You can try to use some 3/26" stainless tig wire it works justa s well and it will bend easier that the 1/4" stock. this is a great idea to keep the grinders neat and off the table
    Terence

Comment

great idea and nice work. I think I just might make me two. I too hate seeing them on their wheel and I don't like that my tools end up looking like clutter.
      MM210 w/3035
      Next up - Sync 200

Comment

bike hook's

great looking hangers. but for thouse of you like me that spent all youre $$$$ on the tool well i try to get the best i can aford. you can use a bike hanger they are 2 for a $1.00 at walmart and i have found them to work great for all kinds of stuff. grinders ,cordless drills, saw-salls,extention cords , the list just keeps going but you get the ideal. depending on weather you have the handle on or off the grinder will determin how you hang it.
        Attached Files
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

TRAP nice design but i noticed u took all the guards off. How do u keep ur sparks from getting all over?

Dan
          Lincoln SP170T
          ESAB 875 Plasma
          Smith oxy set
          Dynasty 200DX
          pulsed mig is next...

Long Island Cummins Ram Owners Club

Comment

I was taught by a wise old dad to always throw the sparks away from your body. Guards always get in the way and I use a clear full face shield to protect my eyes. Those wire wheels hurt!!!

Fun4now, great idea for hanging saber saws!! I'll use that.

Making the tubing bender and designing the first 10 units is all the fun. Production sucks!!

jim

Comment

yep figuring it out and playing with the ideal is always the fun part

hummmm well i have had a few ideal that ended up causing a lil hair pulling hr's that still ended in disaster but for the most part i realy find the inventing stage to be way more fun than the reproducing for sails.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Honestly

Originally posted by fun4now
                yep figuring it out and playing with the ideal is always the fun part

hummmm well i have had a few ideal that ended up causing a lil hair pulling hr's that still ended in disaster but for the most part i realy find the inventing stage to be way more fun than the reproducing for sails.
                Ive been in this for 30+ years,,and storts welding is 101 years old, and I had some older gentleman that worked for me when I bought the co,,no guards,,none since,,once a year when mr. Ins. man comes in,,out off 100 people,,how many have guards on there grinders?????????????Thanks,Jack

Comment

i have 4ea 4.5" grinders and 1ea 7" all have gards on then , although 2 of them have the guards cut back about 50% just enough guard to save the fingers but not enough to get in the way

as for the hair pulling i was refering to being agravated not getting my hair caut in the grinders. (just wanted to make that clear )
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  JAMES

Comment

Working...
                  X