Getting a new welder for the shop, possibly the MM 350P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a new welder for the shop, possibly the MM 350P

Recently my boss asked if i could use a new welder, since he is thinking of sending my MM 252 up to our other shop. I currently only weld a few days a week, but when I do I will weld a few hours up to 8 hrs. I weld anything from quarter inch up to an inch and a half steel. The 252 currently handles everything, but I wouldn't mind a little extra power when I'm welding our 10,000psi hydraulic cylinders. They are around 1.4" wall thickness and have a diameter of 8.5", the material is heat treated 4140 so i have to preheat, slow cool, and use .045 LA-100 wire. So i push the 252 fairly hard while making 3 or so passes while welding a larch end cap on these cylinders. So since hes letting me upgrade I figured I would go with the 350p. Would everyone agree with this? Any imput would help. Thanks

Don’t think twice Get the 350-P !!!
    I upgraded 5 years ago to 350-P Was worth every penny.
    Awesome machine for heavy welding

Comment

Originally posted by Duffjohn View Post
      ...So i push the 252 fairly hard while making 3 or so passes while welding a larch end cap on these cylinders. So since hes letting me upgrade I figured I would go with the 350p. Would everyone agree with this? Any imput would help. Thanks
      Seems like a no-brainer to me. Perfect question for weldors.

Comment

I agree with you guys, funny thing is, a miller salesman told me I'm fine with the 252, so thats good to know at least, but when you get a chance to upgrade, you upgrade!

Comment

350p's are good machines, I have 6 of them in my shop, they have good power, are very adjustable and weld pretty nice. We have burnt up 2 or 3 of them but that's expected in heavy fab. We have 3 new ones on the way right now, we try to cycle them out every couple years. My sales guy said there is a price hike early in January so we got on it and you should too.

Comment

thanks for the input, got a great price quote from a place here in town, then found out he quoted me the wrong welder, but I'm guessing the new quote will still be decent.

Comment

Working...
            X