Tig finger remote techniques

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig finger remote techniques

I bought a tig finger remote to use with my Syncrowave 180SD in case foot paddle can not be used in some situations. The one I have uses a rotary knob, the machine is off if the wheel is turned all the way to right. The amp increases when the wheel is turned to the left.
    I played around today and I really donít like it. How can anyone keep the distance between the tungsten and the base metal steady when turning the amp wheel? I might be able to do it if I hold the torch with both hands. Are there certain techniques I need to follow?
    i am thinking I should get one just the on/off switch instead of the one with amp control. Opinions?

I don't like the rotery ones either I got used to them but the slide type or long ck rotery is much easier, on dynasty type machines where you can set all your parameters I use it for a on off switch, you'll get used to it it takes time, might wanna turn the amps all the way up at machine so the dial ramps up quicker

Comment

I have the same finger control as you and I suck so bad it that if I can't use a foot pedal I scratch start it....unless it's aluminum, then I have to get creative. Some guys on here are really experienced with the finger tip doofloppy, I ain't one of them.

Comment

They get looser after a while from use. You just need to practice more. Use your thumb to work it,
        Pretty soon You'll wonder what you were complaining about.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
        Miller WC-115-A
        Miller Spectrum 300
        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

How's that pressure sensitive button work out that was being peddled here a while back?

Comment

It fell apart a couple of times and we fixed it. Then the button failed altogether. I called him to see about suggesting some improvements. He told me we were too harsh of an environment for it and pretty much blew me off IMO.
            Dude, I have an air conditioned shop that I LIVE in with my family!! It doesn't get much cushier than this in the welding world!!
            He was more interested in finding new machines to make it work on. In my shop we actually use our equipment all 40 hours a week.
            If he had worked with me we would have bought 2 more sets.
            As it is we have now went back to the RCC-14 and just replace whatever breaks. Miller has improved the cord on that with a much more pliable one.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

That's sad! And a bit amazing to me.

Comment

I guess it's one of those cases were the idea is there but the follow through isn't.

Comment

Most of the strain is around the end where the handle is. That is where the "tig button" has a splice. When it pulled apart there, it had been shrink wrapped nicely, but the connectors where virtually uncrimped. The wire insulation isn't hardy enough to take constant wear without breaking after bending numerous times.
                  I may be just wonderful for a job where you simply sit at a bench all day and don't constantly tug around and reposition. But if you really get in and out of tight spaces and expect it to take the kind of abuse of an industrial setting, then it will need to have small improvements made to make it more durable. I think it's a bit too home made for what they are trying to portray.
                  So for now, it is in pieces laying around the shop. it works great, it's a great idea, it simply needs more beef and a bit more of a ability to take feedback from people who only wanted to see the concept improved. As it stands, it was money lost

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                  Miller WC-115-A
                  Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Dang it. Must be hoping a big company will do a licensing deal for it or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X