Fingertip control for Dialarc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingertip control for Dialarc

Was wondering is there a fingertip control that can be used on a Dialarc HF? I primarily do auto sheet metal fabricating so sitting isn't always an option so in a lot of the welding I do a fingertip control would be a good way to go. So does anyone know which would work or is the machine to much of a dinosaur

Most pontoon manufacturers went to using an on-off button with those machines. Once you get the hang of it they work great.
    I simply ran a lamp cord from the same connections as my foot pedal so I could use both without re-wiring.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Presuming you're looking for amperage control as well. you need the very rare and hard to find Miller MIC-4 Interface Control designed just for that purpose and the Dialarc HF.
      MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
      *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
      *HF-251D-1
      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
      PakMaster 100XL
      Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
      http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
        Presuming you're looking for amperage control as well. you need the very rare and hard to find Miller MIC-4 Interface Control designed just for that purpose and the Dialarc HF.
        Ok I understand the need for amperage control under certain circumstance but for welding sheet metal 16g for example most common size for automotive sheet metal couldn't I just pre-set the amperage on the machine itself, if not please explain?

Comment

Sure you can run it preset and just use an ON/OFF button as FusionKing described with no amperage control but you didn't clarify exactly what it is you want to accomplish.
          MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
          *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
          *HF-251D-1
          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
          PakMaster 100XL
          Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
          http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
            Sure you can run it preset and just use an ON/OFF button as FusionKing described with no amperage control but you didn't clarify exactly what it is you want to accomplish.
            Well as I said for the most part I'll be using it for auto sheet metal fabrication, the fingertip control would be used when standing or in these precarious places you find yourself in when building a hot rod, in the interior, laying inside the truck etc. when I can do seated work I would use the foot pedal. Being a newbie in the tig world I need every advantage I can get

Comment

I have been upside down with my feet hanging over the seat back, head crammed up under the dash, the pedal between my knees like a thigh master. I've propped with my torch hand and pushed on the pedal with my elbow....you tend to get creative.

Comment

Working...
              X