miller dynasty cps vs dx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller dynasty cps vs dx

I'm looking at the miller tig machines and attempting to decipher what cps and dx means in their description. Can someone help and uninitiated person here? Thanks much

Go to page 3 of the Spec Sheet and it tells you what the DX model does over the standard model. Don't know what CPS is and you didn't link us the page you are looking at that you have a question about.

Spec Sheet is downloadable here: https://www.millerwelds.com/equipmen...welders-m30020

Comment

Originally posted by golfer View Post
      I'm looking at the miller tig machines and attempting to decipher what cps and dx means in their description. Can someone help and uninitiated person here? Thanks much
      Don't what the CPS means but the DX model has all the bells and whistles.

Griff

Comment

CPS stands for cooler power supply. Just an additional feature that's added to DX and other models.

Comment

CPS, the recirculator (cooler) is plug into the power supply and the welder turns on the "cooler" when you start the arc, and turns it off after a given period of time when the welding is done. IOW the cooler isn't running continuously, only as needed
          Richard

Comment

They used to (in the Dynasty 200 days, before the 210 came out) call the basic machine the Dynasty 200 SD, and the Dynasty 200 DX was the "bells and whistles" model as Griff said. They now appear to have dropped the SD suffix, just calling it the "basic" 210, and kept the DX designation for the "up" model with the addition of sequence control and pulse capability. I don't know specifically what the letters SD and DX were abbreviations for.

Comment

Trust me you WANT the cooler power supply.....but after you fry a couple of torches, you NEED the cooler power supply because you already PAID for it in burned up equipment

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
              Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
              MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
              Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
              Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
              Miller 30-A Spoolgun
              Miller WC-115-A
              Miller Spectrum 300
              Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
              Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                Trust me you WANT the cooler power supply.....but after you fry a couple of torches, you NEED the cooler power supply because you already PAID for it in burned up equipment
                ....spoken as a man who has been there, no doubt.....

Comment

Hey thanks guys so much for your help. I did figure out what the cps is but was stymied by the DX. I understand now, thanks again and best to you.

Comment

So when are you ordering one? :-)

Comment

Hey Aeronca any chance you could help me pay for it? Do you fly that plane?

Comment

Sorry-Once you get retired, the expensive welder days are pretty much over. :-)

Used to fly it. It's a big pile of parts in my garage now. Dad was refurbishing it when he passed away back in '03 from 45 years welding without a respirator--nobody thought twice about it back then.

Maybe someday.....at least my mom can put her car in her garage now.

Comment

Working...
                        X