cleaning up my Millermatic 211 and drive motor assembly question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mac702 View Post

they need to send you a big box with a year's supply of liners for your trouble, too.
    hahaha!!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Oscar-If you see this before you take more pics, lay a tape measure out across the bottom of the photo so I(we) can get some perspective on the size of things. I am not familiar with your machine. Is there an adapter pressed onto the other end of the shaft that is crooked? That short shaft would seem to require a lot of pressure to cause a bend in it unless it was done in assembling the gear to it, maybe? Even then it shouldn't have gotten past quality control.
      ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Oscar, while you're at it can you PULEEEZE post idiot-proof instructions on how you get this sorry excuse for forum software to show pictures that are bigger than a freakin' POSTAGE STAMP ??!? ...Steve

Comment

Originally posted by BukitCase View Post
          Oscar, while you're at it can you PULEEEZE post idiot-proof instructions on how you get this sorry excuse for forum software to show pictures that are bigger than a freakin' POSTAGE STAMP ??!? ...Steve
          You said idiot proof. Well, I guess that leaves me out. Ooh, the short bus is here, gotta go!

Comment

10-4 on all requests.

As for pictures, it's easy, you just have to have them hosted somewhere online (not on your computer, cell phone, mobile device, etc). You have to have them somewhere "on the cloud". I personally store everything on Google Drive and use IMG tags, with specific code for photos hosted on Google Drive, because that's what I use.

So let's start there BukitCase. Tell me exactly where your digital photos are stored, and we'll go from there.
            HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
            Eastwood MIG175 w/spoolgun
            Eastwood Versacut40 Plasma cutter

Comment

Here's the outer part that shows the bearing

Order of assembly

The only things out of place are the medium gear lying by the rear half. It goes on after the shaft-large-gear goes into the cup bearing. Also the washer at the 12.5" marker goes on before the cover plate, sandwiching the thin wavy washer onto the washer to it's left.
              Last edited by OscarJr; 12-30-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I wish it was at my shop so I could figure it out. Any slop in the outer bearing and the shaft with just those 2 parts?..Bob
                Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Thanks Oscar, I don't actually use the cloud thing, everythings on my computer. I do, however, hang out on TBN and they know how to handle pics - please forgive the interruption, if it works here's a couple pics of the cart I'm building for the new MM211 - Steve

Guess not, I copied the link to the pics which shows up here, but NOT as a pic?? Oh well...
                  http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/build-yourself/533400d1514249140t-container-weld-shop-build-dscn2996-jpg
                  Last edited by BukitCase; 12-30-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks Oscar, I don't actually use the cloud thing, everythings on my computer. I do, however, hang out on TBN and they know how to handle pics - please forgive the interruption, if it works here's a couple pics of the cart I'm building for the new MM211 - Steve

Guess not, I copied the link to the pics which shows up here, but NOT as a pic?? Oh well...
                    You can't just paste the link and expect for it to show up as the actual picture. Most forums require what are called "IMG" tags, but here on the miller forums, you have to click the little A icon on the top right corner, and with the options now showing up, you click the photo icon that looks like "two little hills and a moon", 3rd one from the right-side-in, and THAT is where you paste the URL link.

I believe this forum automatically resizes the pic down, but I always store my pics with at least 1300pixels horizontally. Your pic on the TBN forum is actually tiny---I opened it in a separate browser tab. I highly recommend using Google Drive because you can also install the Google Drive app as well. Store something to your computer's hard drive in the specific Google Drive folder, and it automatically uploads it to your Google Drive account on Google. Then you can host it all you want anywhere.

See how's it's blurry at larger sizes? It "too" zoomed in on a small pic.

aametalmaster, yes with just the shaft going into the bearing on the "front cover", there is lots of play. Want me to send it to you? Just don't send any power into it, I don't want you to fry the motor! lol I know it uses a BK1010 cup bearing, so maybe I'll just try to find tighter fitting bearings.
                    Last edited by OscarJr; 12-30-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks Oscar, does a google drive account cost, or are they just happy to snoop into your life? I'll check into that, they already know more about me than I'd like from my phone, welcome to the REAL "1984" :=) - OK, back to our regularly scheduled suffering - sure hope you get some relief soon... Steve

Comment

Thanks Oscar, does a google drive account cost, or are they just happy to snoop into your life? I'll check into that, they already know more about me than I'd like from my phone, welcome to the REAL "1984" :=) - OK, back to our regularly scheduled suffering - sure hope you get some relief soon... Steve
                        It's free because you get the storage space just by signing up for an account (so you get email as well). You get 30GB free storage.

Comment

I'm tellin ya, I know I read a thread somewhere about how to fix that worbling issue. Had something to do with how it was mounting. Dadgum I wish I could remember where that was....I know that ain't much help. Sorry.

Comment

"just by signing up for an account" - Hey, I might already have that 'cause of my phone, I know I ended up with a (seldom-used) email from them - Thanks, I'll check into that - Ryan, join the ever-increasing ranks of us that suffer from "CRS" disease :=)) Steve

Comment

I used to know what that meant.

Comment

First two are "Can't Remember" - I can't remember the last one :=))

Comment

Working...
                                X